Douglass’ Jenkins twins to sign with Oral Roberts

ORUTerry

I know that Solo_Gold posted information about these prospective signings, but I thought they deserved a thread of their own:

(excerpt)

Posted by Scott Wrighton

April 13, 2011M at 12:10 pm

Douglass standouts Ramond and Romond Jenkins had hoped they would find a college where they could keep playing together, and it looks like Oral Roberts will be their home.

The pair of 6-foot-6 forwards will sign with ORU on Thursday afternoon, just a month removed from helping the Trojans to their second straight Class 4A state championship.

Read the rest of the story at the Daily Oklahoman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a link to a site that shows all of the OKC Douglass' games for the 2010-11 season along with game stats for each contest.

Link to MaxPreps

It appears that OKC Douglass played in four tournaments during the year and went up against some stiff competition:

DFW Metroplex Thanksgiving Hoopfest

Phil Ingersol T.A.S.K. Classic

Beach Ball Classic (Myrtle Beach, SC)

Bass Pro Tournament of Champions (Springfield, MO) - lost to Oak Ridge Military Academy

Saw this on the OU basketball site from back in December:

"Both twin’s school lists consist of an offer from ORU, interest from Tulsa, Missouri State, Stephen F. Austin, Lamar, and Wichita State."

So I guess the prospect of signing the twins could have "helped" Morton and McClintock's decision to leave? Couldn't think we would have room for both...Either way, getting Jackson and the Jenkins brothers is huge if they are as good as advertised.

The Douglass program is nationally-ranked and I don't think has lost to an Oklahoma school in 2 years.

sounds good to me...maybe they can be the ORU version of the Kansas Morris twins haha

does this mean Mikey isnt going to get the scholarship?..or did we have two available

Great team....Good players....even if not spectacular, the Jenkins twins should be solid players for ORU during the next 4 seasons....any chance they will redshirt or are these brothers going to contribute immediately....anybody seen them play?....can they play D?.... :ugeek:

Great team....Good players....even if not spectacular, the Jenkins twins should be solid players for ORU during the next 4 seasons....any chance they will redshirt or are these brothers going to contribute immediately....anybody seen them play?....can they play D?.... :ugeek:

I could see the possibility only because we have so many players at the moment, but I could also see the possibility of them contributing right away. and as for defense, they are great at defense long arms and very physical defenders from what i have read.

As crazy as it may sound, I think there's a real possibility that NONE of these guys see the floor this coming season - we're already pretty set with returning players, plus the the three redshirts from last year.

I think DJ is the one that can come in and play a little bit next year as i think he could really help pressure the other teams guards and is physically ready to play. Really going to need all 4 to be ready in 2 years after Craion, Morrison and Pearson are gone!

As crazy as it may sound, I think there's a real possibility that NONE of these guys see the floor this coming season - we're already pretty set with returning players, plus the the three redshirts from last year.

Agreed, Sutton runs a tight rotation and seems it would be hard to break into a lineup of veterans.

any reason why the signings have not been announced on orugoldeneagles.com

Scott Sutton confirmed in The Oracle (ORU's student publication) that Mikey would be receiving a scholarship.

"We're giving Mikey Magnum a scholarship. He helped us last year when Hunter and Rod both tore their ACLs. We told him if we redshirt you this year we'll put you on scholarship."

any reason why the signings have not been announced on orugoldeneagles.com

Interesting point. No quotes from Coach Sutton yet, either.

Maybe ORU hasn't received the signed LOI's yet.

Maybe they haven't yet signed genuine LOI's at all - the whole announcement at Douglas High may have just been a ceremony that the twins wanted.

Maybe they'll change their comittments to OU :eek: Oh Snap!