HWSNBN leaving arkansas?

ORUalum

Some times, people get "thrown under the bus."

Other times, they walk right in front of it.

Team Clarke made their bed - they must now transfer in it.

But, if I hear one more member of Team Clarke cry out about being a victim of some sort, I may hurl.

You reap what you sow - period.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• bballmangc

• ORUTerry

I don't think RC dad is going to have many job opportunities in Ark for next year now! No way in heck do you not scholarship Stockton to give Team Clarke a scholly at Gonzaga! It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Maybe this goofball winds up at Valpo?....or perhaps NDSU?.....both could always use another white boy.... :wink::-P:twisted:

I still can't get over Katz's blog - in this "saga" (his words, not mine), that's saying something!

When the biggest headlines you draw nationally are more about your character and commitment than it is about your game, isn't it time to rethink the path you're on?

BTW: I've mentioned this before, but for all the histrionics over Clarke's ability as a "scorer", and what subsequently "might have been" had he come to ORU, consider this: lightly-recruited and still-underrated 2-guard Warren Niles has averaged about the same number of points per game (14.0 as opposed to 15.0) as Clarke, while rebounding and playing defense at a higher level, and without one peep out of him that I know of.

Here's the difference, in a nutshell: when Clarke's family is in the house, drama ensues.

When Niles' loved ones are in attendance, he just quietly goes off for about 30 points. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

According to Cbssports.com....Clarke is visiting Butler and may wind up there.....just what that program needs....another white boy..... :ugeek:

• 2 weeks later...

According to Sporting News: "Rotnei Clarke close to making transfer decision"

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2011-07-06/rotnei-clarke-close-to-making-transfer-decision-oklahoma-sooners-butler-bulldogs

Wonder if he will do the TV Hat Trick this time!

db

Deciding between OU and Butler. I just have to imagine that he will regret not staying at Arkansas. I guess time will tell. If he decides on OU I hope ORU gets to play him when he is eligible.

"Close to making TRANSFER decision"?? That's an amazing headline. They will never quit milking it.

Just can't wait for the local version of "The Decision" featuring Rotnei Clarke, in which he chooses to take his talents to Indianapolis and be a role player for a season.

"Close to making TRANSFER decision"?? That's an amazing headline. They will never quit milking it.

Just can't wait for the local version of "The Decision" featuring Rotnei Clarke, in which he chooses to take his talents to Indianapolis and be a role player for a season.

You've got to admit, though, it would be pretty remarkable if he could weasel his way on to a team that has twice played in the NCAA championship in as many years, on one one of the most talked-about teams under arguably one of the highest regarded coaches in the country.

You've got to admit, though, it would be pretty remarkable if he could weasel his way on to a team that has twice played in the NCAA championship in as many years, on one one of the most talked-about teams under arguably one of the highest regarded coaches in the country.

Also, the TW mentioned this morning that Virginia may also be in the mix. If Brad Stephens is smart, he'll protect his team chemistry and stay far away from HWSNBN.

Oh, I'm sure he'll end up somewhere he doesn't really deserve to be.

That's his gift: dude's an idiot savant when it comes to being recruited.

Just remember: 15 points a game, people - with an offense designed around getting him the ball.

15 points a game... |-)

Oh, I'm sure he'll end up somewhere he doesn't really deserve to be.

That's his gift: dude's an idiot savant when it comes to being recruited.

Just remember: 15 points a game, people - with an offense designed around getting him the ball.

15 points a game... |-)

Was working in the garden this AM thinking about this situation, and it occured to me - with this "according to ESPN, he is deciding between Butler and Oklahoma" routine, they're still playing the deal up like he's deciding which team is going to win the lottery!! I got news for him - that ain't the way it's going to be.

In my humble opinion, if he ends up at Butler (I'm guessing he won't), he'll be lost among better athletes, better players, better shooters. I think he'll end up at OU, where he entourage can follow.

You guys are too hard on the kid. He's going to be influential REGARDLESS of where he ends up.

I'm not a HWSNBN fan, but I can be objective enough to see there's a reason programs are courting this kid, even for one season. We should give Stevens, Butler, OU, Kuger (sp. ??) a little more credit.

You guys are too hard on the kid. He's going to be influential REGARDLESS of where he ends up.

I'm not a HWSNBN fan, but I can be objective enough to see there's a reason programs are courting this kid, even for one season. We should give Stevens, Butler, OU, Kuger (sp. ??) a little more credit.

Ah, the voice of reason!! We need that around here once in a while!! I think our frustration is as much with those around Rotnei as with Rotnei himself. You have to admit, Gold, HIGH DRAMA follows this kid wherever he goes. Whether it's his doing, or that of those around him, I don't think the chemistry of any team really needs that.

The kid can't/won't play defense. That is the focal point at Butler.

Dumb move on his part to leave Arkansas. Sitting out a year will not help him.

since there is not a big demand for white 6 ft shooting guards in the NBA, i wonder if the departure from Ark is an attempt to move to point guard w/the transfer year.

Ah, the voice of reason!! We need that around here once in a while!! I think our frustration is as much with those around Rotnei as with Rotnei himself. You have to admit, Gold, HIGH DRAMA follows this kid wherever he goes. Whether it's his doing, or that of those around him, I don't think the chemistry of any team really needs that.

You're absolutely right. You know what they say, where there's smoke, there's fire.