ORU Vs. TULANE

Holtontulsa

For the first time in ORU Women's Basketball history they are getting some action in post season play. I find it hard to believe that we have an all american player on this team that gets no national recognition AT ALL... Kevi Luper currently leads the Nation in Points per game, total points scored, steals per game and total steals. Nobody in the history of NCAA basketball has ever finished in 1st place in those two categories! The last mention of Kevi Luper on ESPN.COM was when she missed two games last year due to an elbow injury!

Her individual stats are better than anybody else in the entire country! I would certainly think that some of the local media would have ties with ESPN somehow and you would think that there could be some mention of what is taking place!

Kevi has earned her stats this year being face guarded all year. For those of you who don't play basketball, being face guarded is to literally have someone follow you around the court the entire time and not leave your face! It makes scoring difficult and it is also very annoying! To see the way that Luper has been battered and bruised this year and to see the way she fights through it with such style and confidence is amazing. This girl has the game to play basketball for a very long time!

As for the Tulane Greenwave, they are a good team. They beat Tulsa and Houston this year. Both of those teams beat us on our home floor this year! Both of those teams should have lost to us this year as well.

Lets get out there and support these girls Monday night at 7pm. It is an amazing what difference a crowd can make. Against TCU there were probably 700 people in the stands, 50 of them ORU fans. Us 50 made just as much noise as their 700 and it was obvious!

Get out there, support these girls. All the local media want face time with these girls and their coaches but when it comes to showing up and supporting them maybe those local media individuals need to step it up and help us out! Way to go Chris Lincoln, we love seeing you there!!!!!!!!!!

Amen...if Kevi Luper played for UConn, Tennessee or Baylor....she would be a very well known face....incredible that this young lady leads the NCAA D-1 in scoring AND steals...not very many players male or female are THAT good on BOTH ends of the floor....Go Blue on Monday night vs. the Green Wave!....and go Kevi!..... :inlove::clap:;-)

Bring on the Lady Razorbacks!.....TheEagleman guesses that would not be a home game for ORU..... <_<

I will be there tomorrow night as well. I got the tickets for the family yesterday! Go Eagles!!

Prediction you ask?....ORU 92....TULANE 85........32 for Luper....Too much Kevi!......... B):inlove::nerd:

Yippee!....big win over Tulane...check out TheEagleman prediction above made last night...no further comment except to say....anyone wanting stock tips from me can let me know.... B)

Congratulations ORU womens' bball!!

nice comeback win 92-86 key 3 pointers by jones steals free throws by luper!!!

...29 and 7 for Kevi won't hurt her NCAA leading stats....she's still on pace to be the first in the nation to lead in scoring and steals in the same year.... :lol::inlove::clap:

GEORGIA JONES...wow...great game. w/jordan in foul trouble she was the difference maker.

I love this team! Any word on how many students came to the game? I missed them playing at TCU because I was in Japan dodging earthquakes. This has got to be one of the most entertaining teams in women's college basketball.

I love this team! Any word on how many students came to the game? I missed them playing at TCU because I was in Japan dodging earthquakes. This has got to be one of the most entertaining teams in women's college basketball.

My estimate: 7

The students just came back from spring break and most of them probably didn't know there was a women's game because there hasn't been a chapel yet. Hopefully in Wednesday's chapel the students will be strongly encouraged to go to the game and rock the house like the 1000+ that were there tonight did. Outside of the conference tournament games that were at the UMAC, this is the best crowd I have ever heard at an ORU women's game. I suppose the annual game when 3000-4000 local school kids come is pretty loud, but the crowd at this game was really into every possession and foul call and free throw in the 2nd half. It was a great atmosphere. Lets get a huge crowd out for Wednesday night. I hope the church night factor doesn't decrease the turn-out.

After the game Jerry Finkbeiner took the mike and thanked the crowd. He challenged everyone to be back on Wednesday night as well. Wednesday night would be a good game to bring a recruit to, not that we even have any scholarships left to give this year.

I know there were 11 maniacs there and they did make a difference but overall there may have been another 100 or so students scattered throughout the student section.