Coaching Carousel 2011

vcboy2000

Curious hire by TAMU. Kennedy must really interview well. I guess it helps that he was employed there in the past. I assume that he made contacts and kept up with people.

Of course, they really don't care about basketball.... it's all about football.

Well....Coach Sutton might want a raise but when was the last time he took ORU to the NCAA tournament?....3 years ago....TheEagleman agrees that he will be a hot name again....but only when he gets back to the Big Dance....I know we've had some injury problems but let's face it....College Presidents and ADs generally want coaches who have been to the tournament....especially if you play in the Summit League.... :ugeek:

Well....Coach Sutton might want a raise but when was the last time he took ORU to the NCAA tournament?....3 years ago....TheEagleman agrees that he will be a hot name again....but only when he gets back to the Big Dance....I know we've had some injury problems but let's face it....College Presidents and ADs generally want coaches who have been to the tournament....especially if you play in the Summit League.... :ugeek:

I'm talking off the top of my head here - I don't know Scott and I've never talked with him about this - but I think it's less about the money and more about the accomplishment. Both his father and his brother coached at the highest level of NCAA basketball, and I think that Scott wants a shot at doing the same. That was the world he grew up in, and I think he wants to have the opportunity to run in those circles again.

At least that's my take. I could be further out in left field than Chris Elder!

No...I think you are right on, TMH....Coach Sutton is surely not about the $$$....if he decides to move on from ORU...it will likely be because he feels he's accomplished as much as he can and wants to compete at a higher level...what might have satisfied him at 30, 35 and 40 yrs old might not be what gets him motivated as he closes in on 50...that's life....and if he did decide to move on....ORU has ben blessed to have him for so long and TheEagleman would wish him well....I would always be a Scott Sutton fan....unless he goes to TU or OU.... :roll:

Valpo has called a press conference for Tuesday, at which time Homer Drew will announce his retirement and hand the reins over to son Bryce.

Valparaiso To Promote Bryce Drew To Head Coach, Source Says (ESPN)

Déjà vu all over again!! I have a feeling this time it will stick. The timing is appropriate - Valpo had a good season, finishing in the top 100 in RPI (71), and a respectable third in a solid mid-major conference. Included in the season was a win over the two-time NCAA championship contender Butler.

Good time for Homer to hand over the reins to Bryce and feel like he's going out on top.