ORU vs. Oakland Summit Final Predictions....

theeagleman5

I hesitate to say this because as a grown (mature?) man, I should have gotten over the last second loss to Oakland in the 2005 tournament - but I haven't. I hold no ill will against the Grizzlies or Coach Kampe - in fact I like him; he seems like a stand up guy. But I do want to win this game tonight because it would help erase (somewhat) those bad memories. My dream would be for Javier Nassare to come off the bench and shoot a long range 3-pointer to win the game.

Whatever happens tonight, this season has been a success. The team has battled back from adversity and matured/strengthened as the season progressed. They have demonstrated a mental toughness and determination in the latter part of the season that made me proud.

I think we win tonight by 8 points.... and it isn't really that close.

Now that's what I'm talking about, Terry! :clap:

TheEagleman has to say that ORU is on a roll at 10 in a row....but so is OU with 7 in a row....they are very tough...machinelike....we have to bring our A game and shoot 50+% and make our FT and some 3-balls....need big games from the big four DBH, Tree, DoMo and Niles....we can win this thing...how sweet would it be to send the Grizz home on a buzzer 3 pt shot like they did to us in 2005...I have friends that still bust TheEagleman about that one.....time for some revenge....EXPECT A MIRACLE!.... :ph34r:

Good luck tonight. Let's hope both teams play their best and that the product on the floor represents the league well on national TV. (Of course, as an Oakland fan, I think both teams playing their best means an Oakland win....).

Good luck tonight. Let's hope both teams play their best and that the product on the floor represents the league well on national TV. (Of course, as an Oakland fan, I think both teams playing their best means an Oakland win....).

Germane, no offense but I have an entirely different take on tonight. I hope your team comes out flat and can't buy a basket. I hope we peak on this evening and win going away. You cry into your beer but go on to win the NIT. We manage a first round upset on the strength of taking down the mighty Grizzlies. Benson gets drafted first round, we return our whole team . . . no reason why everyone can't be happy here. ORU 91 Oakland 85 :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Love Wilbon's prediction...but unfortunately...he's an idiot.... :blink:

Whoever wins, it's going to be a fun and exciting game for fans of both teams. I really do hope both teams play well, and the game comes down to the wire. As you said, Germane, I hope the game looks great on TV. I've been watching the North Texas/UALR game, and maybe it's me, but Ithink i'ts kind of a snoozer. Neither team can score. Late in the second half the score is 46-45!

Whoever wins, it's going to be a fun and exciting game for fans of both teams. I really do hope both teams play well, and the game comes down to the wire. As you said, Germane, I hope the game looks great on TV. I've been watching the North Texas/UALR game, and maybe it's me, but Ithink i'ts kind of a snoozer. Neither team can score. Late in the second half the score is 46-45!

Wish Douple could land UALR in the Summit.