Saturday at the tournament - ORU vs. WIU

tmh8286

ORU exploding out of the gates against Western Illinois today - 50-22 with a couple minutes to go before the half. Seven of those points occuring in a span of about twenty seconds just before the last break.

New chat room -see tab at top of page - is always open. I'll probably be in there during the game if anyone wants to join me.

Today vs. WIU is just a warm up for the ladies...tougher games ahead but it's a great start...TheEagleman hopes that Kevi puts up 30+ today!.... :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Wow, sounds like the ladies are trying to send a message!

108-79 final.....28 for Kevi in just 31 minutes and a double-double for Jordan Pyle....a nice tune up for Monday night for the ORU ladies.... :up::eagles:

post game...whoever terry is it sounds like he doesn't like ORU scoring so many points.

Terry Vandrovec is the beat writer for SDSU sports. Overall I think he's a pretty good guy, but sometimes I think he doesn't like ORU all that much. He tweet derogatory things about ORU on a fairly regular basis. Don't see him doing that about other teams so much. I though Jerry handled the question very well. Pointed out spreading the points evenly between our guards, Kevi getting 31 min., and only playing 7 players, one of whom is a walk-on.

I'd point out to Terry that his beloved Lady Jackrabbits won by a larger margin over WIU back when they were dominating two years ago in the regular season, and knocked off ORU in the first round by only one point less than we beat WIU by today.

It's funny how when it's YOUR team, they're taking care of business. When it's another team, they're running up points.

Terry was the guy that wrote the article in a earlier topic titled

"Oral Roberts trying to move on after injury" - Top-seeded women have struggled since Bigham tore ACL on Feb. 12

Thanks for posting the post-game interviews...very interesting to watch. I did think it was odd that the questions seemed limited & they did not have hardly any questions for the student athletes.

It was claimed on NDSU's message board that Vandrovec suggested the SDSU men purposely tanked against NDSU in order to play IPFW in the tourney. Not sure if that's true or not, but it seems he gets more homerish than your average beat writer. I hope the ORU ladies take 'em all out to the woodshed, hang a 100 on everybody!

Even when Vandrovec said to Leslie Crane, "Coach, ORU scored a new tournament record, and even though it's not unusual for them to score over 100 points in a game, Luper was in the game with less than three minutes left - do you see anything wrong with the way they do things?" Leslie's answer was short and to the point - "No."

Now, it's very possible she was thinking otherwise, but here is what I believe she was meaning by that answer - I HATE getting hung out to dry like that, but if I had a team that was capable of doing that, I'd do the EXACT same thing.

That's what I think she meant.

Hey Terry V...... :n::n::n::*:*:*

Hey Terry V...... :n::n::n::*:*:*

I didn't think that Terry V asked the question with a negative tone. I'm glad that he gave Jerry the opportunity to explain because it actually decreases the ability of others to point fingers when they understand the current bench situation. Cergol hasn't played much all year so she definitely needs as much playing time as she can get. Also, I was at games earlier this year when ORU lost to TU and Houston after having around 10 point leads with about 3 minutes to play. I don't think coaches usually sub in the "scrubs" anyway until there is less than 5 minutes left. That's when he brought Staci Davis in. Then he brought in Jaci with 2-3 minutes left because that's all they planned for her to play anyway.

I honestly don't like to see Kevi out there with 3 minutes left because I would hate for a star player to sustain an injury in mop-up time. But there is a lack of depth and he only played her 31 minutes. Jerry is always tinkering with line-ups. He probably had a slightly different group of players on the floor at that point and he wanted to see how they played together. He is looking beyond this game and thinking about the next game and wanted Cergol to have as much experience as possible with various groupings of players.

It is awesome to have such a high-powered team that there is even a discussion about being careful not to "run-up" the score. Way to go Eagles!!!