First Round Summit Tournament Predictions....

theeagleman5

Some of you have missed TheEagleman predictions over the past 6 weeks...others could care less....but here goes anyway for the upcoming weekend in the Men's Tournament at Sioux Falls.....

Oakland 96

SUU 71 the Grizz just have way too much Benson, etc.....not even close....OU could win this by 50 if they wanted to.

ORU 85 the good guys are on a roll and stay that way....too much DoMo, Niles, Tree and DBH....balanced scoring does in the Bison including FargoBison who sucks down an arena record 22 Old

NDSU 77 Milwaukees during the Saturday night doubleheader. The only way ORU loses is if Yorkovich refs the game in one of those fake glasses and moustache deals and tosses Sutton early.

SDSU 76

IPFW 73 this should be a dandy...the 2nd night of the tournament will feature two down to the wire games; the Jacks' "home crowd advantage" is just too much for the Dons to overcome

UMKC 69

IUPUI 68 here is TheEagleman first round upset special....the 6th seed Roos stun the Jags on a late basket in a see-saw affair....Coach Hunter walks back to Indy barefoot

• Upvote 1

Thanks, TMH...I hope to get at least ONE right....the ORU game....if I go 0-4....no more predictions!.... :drunk:

Thanks, TMH...I hope to get at least ONE right....the ORU game....if I go 0-4....no more predictions!.... :drunk:

The UMKC prediction is certainly a possibility. IUPUI played very poor defense against ORU last Thursday night. UMKC lost a few games when they had 2-3 players out but supposedly those players will be back for the tournament. When UMKC has been at full strength they have been playing pretty well. It always seems that there is at least one upset in the 1st round.

SUU has been playing a lot better lately and I would love to see them push Oakland for 40 minutes and keep it close (or pull off the upset of course although that is highly unlikely).

The UMKC prediction is certainly a possibility. IUPUI played very poor defense against ORU last Thursday night. UMKC lost a few games when they had 2-3 players out but supposedly those players will be back for the tournament. When UMKC has been at full strength they have been playing pretty well. It always seems that there is at least one upset in the 1st round.

SUU has been playing a lot better lately and I would love to see them push Oakland for 40 minutes and keep it close (or pull of the upset of course although that is highly unlikely).

Here is a link to the Team Rankings website which lists their calculated odds of each Summit League team winning the tournament. ORU is given a 12.63% chance of winning the Summit League tournament. IUPUI has a 13.95% chance and Oakland has a whopping 54.53% chance of winning. SUU brings up the rear with a 0.38% chance of winning.

On the same page there are links to other tournament predictions. OU is given a 0.02% chance to win the Big 12 tournament. Ouch!

Some of you have missed TheEagleman predictions over the past 6 weeks...others could care less....but here goes anyway for the upcoming weekend in the Men's Tournament at Sioux Falls.....

ORU 85 the good guys are on a roll and stay that way....too much DoMo, Niles, Tree and DBH....balanced scoring does in the Bison including FargoBison who sucks down an arena record 22 Old

NDSU 77 Milwaukees during the Saturday night doubleheader. The only way ORU loses is if Yorkovich refs the game in one of those fake glasses and moustache deals and tosses Sutton early.

Well TheEagleman I can't take down the record this year, I'm stuck going to a wedding in Minneapolis Saturday night. Hopefully I can sneak away and catch some of the second half and when the Bison win 77-73 I'll raise an old mil in honor of TheEagleman's prediction and ORU's fine season that fell just short. ;)

That said good luck to ORU and safe travels to those making the trek to SF.

Love the predictions, Eagleman. I think the Golden Eagles need to take the "win and advance" approach to keep from looking ahead to much. They've got to be ready to give the Bison our best shot out the gate, and I have a feeling that they will. :wink:

Absolutely....we need to jump on NDSU early and keep pouring it on.....TheEagleman thinks ORU just has too many weapons for these guys to handle....ORU should win this game by double digits but the Bison will probably hang in....they are scrappy.... :ugeek: