Welcome back!!!

ORUTerry

Thanks for to all who got te board back up. I can let a few others know. I've gotten text messages and emails from some asking what happened! Thanks again!

The iPhone App that IP. Board created has the potential to take the message board experience to another level during live events. Not only can you adjust settings to receive push notifications when new messages have been posted, but it looks like you can also take photos from your phone and upload them right to a gallery on the board! The posts can also be intergrated with Facebook and Twitter if you're into that. This seems like a great option for Jeff or others that report live from the games. Maybe I'll get to try it out during the baseball season this year.

Great to have the board back! Just spending a few minutes with the new site, I can definitely tell this is a much more ROBUST system.

2 things I've discovered

1. The site has an iPhone app
  2. If you're visiting the site from a mobile phone, you're automatically sent to an optimized mobile version of the message board.

Thanks again guys!

The iPhone App that IP. Board created has the potential to take the message board experience to another level during live events. Not only can you adjust settings to receive push notifications when new messages have been posted, but it looks like you can also take photos from your phone and upload them right to a gallery on the board! The posts can also be intergrated with Facebook and Twitter if you're into that. This seems like a great option for Jeff or others that report live from the games. Maybe I'll get to try it out during the baseball season this year.

Still working the bugs out... you can follow all the development there and ask any questions on the "Board Talk" forum.

• The new chat will be up 24/7. This should provide for easier interaction especially for Haxton during broadcasts (especially with baseball on the road).
  • I am still working to integrate Facebook... I have already set up Twitter. All this means is that we can hook into their userbase... If you choose either of these options you would lose your posts count and other data. New users have the option of using their existing Twitter or Facebook account when signing up with us. Just another way to make the ORU Message Board more user friendly...
  • Not sure about the Gallery yet... it depends.

Elsewhere OldTitan mentions it comes with an app for the iPhone. He also says just logging on from a mobile phone looks great, too (i assume without the app). I agree. It does look good for sure.

Then Gold says there's an app. So my question is ... is the improved view on the mobile phone good enough? Do I really need the app? And if so, where do I get it? (Don't say the App Store! lol) I mean what do I shop for at the App Store?

Hope this makes sense.

SO glad the message board is back!!

Elsewhere OldTitan mentions it comes with an app for the iPhone. He also says just logging on from a mobile phone looks great, too (i assume without the app). I agree. It does look good for sure.

Then Gold says there's an app. So my question is ... is the improved view on the mobile phone good enough? Do I really need the app? And if so, where do I get it? (Don't say the App Store! lol) I mean what do I shop for at the App Store?

Hope this makes sense.

Doc C will probably want us to take this over to the Board Talk section. Check out the following link for more info on the iPhone app: Invision Power iPhone App

• Upvote 1

I just can't fully express how excited I am to have our board back!! Thanks once again to the hands that made it happen. Part of what has made this so great is the seamlessness of accessing the new board. I've found EVERYTHING that I had or did or used are the same on here! It's SO wonderful!!

Glad the board is back, I was having major withdrawals and the Rivals board just wasn't cutting it, nice work Terry, Dr. C, and Co!

Hope this makes sense.

Count, I have found that, for just logging onto the site, bookmarking the forums page on my iPhone gets me in FASTER than using the ap, and the pages in the forum look the same either way.

And those pages look AWESOME - formatted perfectly for easy reading while I'm doing 70 mph through the construction zone on I-44 :-P

Count, I have found that, for just logging onto the site, bookmarking the forums page on my iPhone gets me in FASTER than using the ap, and the pages in the forum look the same either way.

And those pages look AWESOME - formatted perfectly for easy reading while I'm doing 70 mph through the construction zone on I-44 :-P

I had discovered just what you said (except the driving 70 mph part) on my own. Was nice to have you confirm that for me. Thanks! Yes, it looks great and is very convenient on my iPhone.

Oh, and did I say thanks to Dr C, Terry, and others who made it happen? THANKS!!

- formatted perfectly for easy reading while I'm doing 70 mph through the construction zone on I-44 :-P

Sweet!!

What a beautiful looking site! I absolutely love it! I haven't been checking the site every day, but I had a feeling that the concept of "peaking at just the right moment" that our basketball team has been displaying would also involve ORUSPORTS being up and running again. Thanks so much for all the effort behind the scenes to make it happen, Dr. C. and whoever else. What an improvement (although when I was on the old board I couldn't even imagine an improvement being necessary)! You have outdone yourselves! I think I have probably been talking to myself more because the board was down, and, no offense intended, but the Rivals board just didn't cut it. I'm looking forward to celebrating some wonderful moments with people over the weekend. Great to be back!

A feature that I LOVE - we used to have it, but in the final rendition of our old board it was missing, or at least I couldn't find it - at the bottom of a thread is a link that will take you directly to the next topic, or thread, rather than making you go back to the men's basketball menu. This is SO nice when you haven't been on the board a while, and there a re a bunch of threads to read. I love having that feature back!

It's great to be back on the board! And thanks for all the hard work you guys put in!

Yee-haw! Just in time for my long days working at the Houston Rodeo! And after the Rodeo? Yep, I'm working the Final Four!

Thanks T and Doc C!

Yee-haw! Just in time for my long days working at the Houston Rodeo! And after the Rodeo? Yep, I'm working the Final Four!

Thanks T and Doc C!

Thanks so much for the new and improved Message Board. All I can say it is nice to be back on line in time for ORU Basketball :inlove: