@ Okie State

MrJones

I wanted to start this post out saying something along the lines of "our girls were intimidated or we just can't seem to win games on the road" but this is what it all boils down to. WE DON'T HAVE A POST GAME!!!!!! PERIOD!!!! Our best "true" post player is somewhere doing something in Oregon or Washington right now! Much props to Jordan Pyle for picking up as much slack as she possibly can though!

We scored 19 in the first half and 29 in the second. We shot 18 more 3 pointers than 2 pointers tonight. (39 3-pointers attempted, 61 total shots attempted) Oklahoma State, with their size simply forced us to shoot outside, when I say outside, I mean 5 feet beyond the 3 point line. I would be willing to bet we got outscored in the paint 8/1....

We turned the ball over 35.... YES 35 times tonight! That seems to be a stat that is getting bigger each week! Our Highest scorer, Jaci Bigham scored 12 points. All American Kevi Luper was completely shut down scoring only 5 points on 2/12 from the field and 1/11 from beyond the arch.

Another stat...... ORU usually makes a living at the free throw line. Tonight we were 1/2 from the line, that stat right there tells you we didn't get to the rim all night long. OK STATE shot 21 free throws, only making 10 of them. Usually I am the first to hammer the refs, especially when there is a discrepency that large in numbers but tonight I can't. The refs actually did a remarkable job.

If the ORU women plan to make a strong push to win the conference title and tourney title this year they absolutely have to find a solid post game!!

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

What happened to scoring 100 points every night?.....seems the shooting for both women's and men's teams have gone south for the winter.... :sweat:

I wanted to start this post out saying something along the lines of "our girls were intimidated or we just can't seem to win games on the road" but this is what it all boils down to. WE DON'T HAVE A POST GAME!!!!!! PERIOD!!!! Our best "true" post player is somewhere doing something in Oregon or Washington right now! Much props to Jordan Pyle for picking up as much slack as she possibly can though!

We scored 19 in the first half and 29 in the second. We shot 18 more 3 pointers than 2 pointers tonight. (39 3-pointers attempted, 61 total shots attempted) Oklahoma State, with their size simply forced us to shoot outside, when I say outside, I mean 5 feet beyond the 3 point line. I would be willing to bet we got outscored in the paint 8/1....

We turned the ball over 35.... YES 35 times tonight! That seems to be a stat that is getting bigger each week! Our Highest scorer, Jaci Bigham scored 12 points. All American Kevi Luper was completely shut down scoring only 5 points on 2/12 from the field and 1/11 from beyond the arch.

Another stat...... ORU usually makes a living at the free throw line. Tonight we were 1/2 from the line, that stat right there tells you we didn't get to the rim all night long. OK STATE shot 21 free throws, only making 10 of them. Usually I am the first to hammer the refs, especially when there is a discrepency that large in numbers but tonight I can't. The refs actually did a remarkable job.

If the ORU women plan to make a strong push to win the conference title and tourney title this year they absolutely have to find a solid post game!!

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

Get your head out of it! The post play is not the problem. Check out the conference statistics and you will find our post production to be at the top of most categories. For two years I have watched this team and no one wants to focus on the major problem..namely turnovers..they don't value the basketball and it is not getting any better and won't until the coaching staff emphasizes it and stops focusing on scoring 100 points per game..our point guard is going to have to be told her primary responsibility is to protect the basketball..35 turnovers is just a continuance of the same old problem from last year..it even cost us the conference championship game against SDS last year. Wake up and smell the coffee!

Get your head out of it! The post play is not the problem. Check out the conference statistics and you will find our post production to be at the top of most categories. For two years I have watched this team and no one wants to focus on the major problem..namely turnovers..they don't value the basketball and it is not getting any better and won't until the coaching staff emphasizes it and stops focusing on scoring 100 points per game..our point guard is going to have to be told her primary responsibility is to protect the basketball..35 turnovers is just a continuance of the same old problem from last year..it even cost us the conference championship game against SDS last year. Wake up and smell the coffee!

turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Some of which is due to poor ball movement, most of which is due to not running plays (or so it seems) and taking poor shots. Not sure what the game plan is...stats can't be the game plan. :!: Oh, and let's not forget D-E-F-E-N-S-E. Defense is your BEST offensive plan.

We have a couple of conference games coming up. Let's hope we see some increased focus on defense, setting up good plays, and valuing the ball.