Summit League Saturday

ron

A few games in the Summit tonight that could be interesting to watch, especially considering that we have this Saturday off:

IUPUI at Duquesne 6:00 CT

IPFW at Valpo 7:00 CT (for you that still miss 'em)

NDSU at Fresno State 9:00 CT

Michigan up on the Grizz by 53-37 with 7 minutes left....Wolverines have only lost twice this season to UTEP and Syracuse so they are pretty good.... :geek:

Gotta say that this Oakland team never gives up....they have pulled to within 10 with 5 minutes left....20 pt. deficit cut in half in the past 6 minutes.... :geek:

Oakland falls 69-51 at Michigan today...Benson only gets 11 but Hamilton had 23....Grizz shoot 30% from the floor and 6-31 from 3pt range...sounds like they caught the same disease we had at Mizzou....also OU only 9-17 from the FT line....a tough week won't get much easier as the Grizz go to Ohio State next Thursday....they must be putting a lot of $$$ in the bank from these games.... :geek:

Oakland falls 69-51 at Michigan today...Benson only gets 11 but Hamilton had 23....Grizz shoot 30% from the floor and 6-31 from 3pt range...sounds like they caught the same disease we had at Mizzou....also OU only 9-17 from the FT line....a tough week won't get much easier as the Grizz go to Ohio State next Thursday....they must be putting a lot of $$$ in the bank from these games.... :geek:

Eagleman, you know the geography up there better than I do. Oaklnad doesn't have to travel far to these road games in Michigan and Ohio, do they? They should pretty well be able to sleep in their own beds I think. If true, that would make their schedule a little less grueling than I first suspected. The tough part is of course each respective opponent they face at the end of the highway.

Yeah...the travel might not be too bad but the opponents Oakland is playing are top notch...Michigan St., Tennessee, Michigan and Ohio State....Geez.....all are overnight trips except for the MSU game which I believe was played in Detroit...even today's game at Ann Arbor, the Grizz would have had to bus over there yesterday afternoon.....not sure if they fly down to Columbus or bus.....probably the later......playing ORU and Centenary in two weeks will be a piece of cake compared to what they've been going up against....still, I think the ORU-Oakland game at Mabee Center should be a dandy.... ;)

Centenary is down by 30+ at Marquette today....but SDSU has come back from a 14 pt halftime deficit to lead at Western Michigan by 5 with only a couple minutes left....the Jacks are a scrappy bunch and clearly one of the top 3 teams in the Summit League at this point....we'll see them in early January.... 8)

I have no concept of the distances up there. I used to drive 24 hrs. straight from Tulsa to Kitchener (close to Toronto), by myself or sharing the driving with others. This is, of course, not to be recommended. Fortunately my sons are not on this board. Anyways, that trip tended to make other distances pale in comparison. Thanks for being gracious with my bad geography.

W. Michigan has come back to lead by 1 with 32 seconds left...Jacks are battling....always tough to win on the road....Centenary has lost to Marquette by 81-52.... :P

SDSU loses 77-74....tough loss for the Jacks at Western Michigan especially since they had come from way back and had a 5 pt. lead with under 5 minutes to play...i am sure we will get a rundown from our SDSU friends later after they drown their sorrows with a few Old Milwaukees....... :geek:

Future opponent Akron (Jan.3) has gone to OT at home with Bethune-Cookman....the Zips must not have been up for this one....this is a game they should have won convincingly but perhaps they have injuries?...Akron was here in Philly last week and lost to Temple by 37..... :geek:

Akron beats B-C......UMKC whipped N. Dakota earlier.....IUPUI visits Duquesne tonight and in a very interesting battle, IPFW plays at Valpo....TheEagleman is wondering why ORU can't do a home and home with the Crusaders....that was always an interesting rivalry... ;(

Centenary is down by 30+ at Marquette today....but SDSU has come back from a 14 pt halftime deficit to lead at Western Michigan by 5 with only a couple minutes left....the Jacks are a scrappy bunch and clearly one of the top 3 teams in the Summit League at this point....we'll see them in early January.... 8)

Western Michigan was rated at #188 on the rpiforecast.com board. Ken Pomeroy had them at #199. Considering the love SDSU is getting early because of their record, W. Michigan should move up and SDSU should finally be under ORU on most of the charts. This was not a great loss. Top three teams - no. Top five teams - yes.

Akron beats B-C......UMKC whipped N. Dakota earlier.....IUPUI visits Duquesne tonight and in a very interesting battle, IPFW plays at Valpo....TheEagleman is wondering why ORU can't do a home and home with the Crusaders....that was always an interesting rivalry... ;(

Yeah, good thing we didn't get ND in the Summit. I would have loved the short trip to see a game, but who wants to see a shellacing regularly. I'm not sure where ND is on the rpi charts but I'm pretty sure Centenary can see them from where they sit.