How Bout Dem Cowboys?.........

theeagleman5

The Eagles didn't even bring their A game to Dallas last night and still beat the hated Cowgirls....er, Cowboys....sorry.....Big Blue continues to play hard for Jason Garrett and TheEagleman says..sign him to a 5 yr contract!.....4-9....ouch!....Meanwhile, the Eagles head to the Meadowlands next Sunday for a first place battle with the Giants.....should be a dandy!.....speaking of which....a moment of silence for the great Dandy Don Meredith...he may have been a Cowboy but he was a funny guy..... ;)

How bout them Giants? Way to blow a 21 point lead in the 4th Qtr and lose in regulation to Philly

YEE-HAH!!....BIG BIG WIN TODAY FOR THE EAGLES!!!...Mike Vick...DeSean Jackson....Jeremy Maclin.....Huge return at the end...has an NFL game ever ended on a punt return for a TD?....have to check that one out....that was MIRACLE OF THE MEADOWLANDS IV.....4th time we have stunned the Giants at the end of the game with an incredible play.....1978...Herm Edwards fumble return....1988...Clyde Simmons returns blocked FG in OT.....2003....Brian Westbrook runs back punt in final minute 87 yards.....and today....DeSean Jackson 65 yd punt return.....AMAZING!!!

What an unbelievable way to lose a football game. You would almost have to TRY to lose a lead like that with 7 min. left, especially a HUGE game like that.

I think it was the 1st walk-off punt return in NFL history, and probably the most famous NFL walk-off (time expired) touchdown ever. How do you kick a line-drive to DeSean Jackson straight down the middle of the field?? They could have done just about anything and it would have been better than that.

And how do you not send out the hands team or even look for the onside kick after the 1st TD the Eagles scored? How do you keep dropping that far back into a prevent and let Mike Vick just sit back there. That TD to Celek with Justin Tuck trying to chase him was a joke.

Oh well, couldn't happen to a better team in my opinion--the phony Giants.

The original Miracle at the Meadowlands was before my time...but I can remember Clyde Simmons picking up that blocked FG in 1988. I think Lawrence Taylor blocked it, and he chased a camerman after the game who was trying to get a shot of him with his head down on the bench.

These Eagles-Giants games are going to be put in some "How to Coach Football" book someday. The Herm Edwards play led to the victory formation rule change. The Clyde Simmons play made a lot of people realize the ball is live for the offense to advance if they pick it up behind the line or if the defense touches it--- like Leon Lett in '93. And there were about 5 plays that you could throw in from Sunday.

Bad loss for Coughlin, especially when Bill Cowher put the Giants on his short list of teams he would like to coach for next year :geek:

Yep...Philly was still humming over the Cliff Lee signing last week and now the Eagles pull that historic comeback yesterday....first time they have ever come from 21 back in the 4th quarter....4 TDs with under 8 minutes to play is unheard of and yes, it was the first game ending punt return to win the game in NFL history....TheEagleman has never seen it's equal and probably never will....then again, I was at Eagles-Vikings in 1985 along with a young EaglemanJr and we watched the Eagles blow a 23-0 lead in the final 10 minutes to lose 28-23....it was the game that led to Marion Campbell's firing and the hiring of Buddy Ryan the next season....If the Giants have a shot to get Cowher...they shouldn't think twice....problem is they still have Coughlin signed for at least another 2 yrs and the Mara family doesn't like to eat money....but....they should make that move in a heartbeat....I think yesterday was the beginning of the end of the Coughlin Era in NY....just listened to a live interview with Justin Tuck on NY radio WFAN on the way home tonight....he sounded suicidal.....I can't see how they rebound at Green Bay next sunday...the winner of that game is going to get a wild card berth....frankly, TheEagleman doesn't want to see the Giants again this year....they would be really Pi$$ed..... ;)

Need to change the name of this thread to HOW BOUT DEM BIRDS!!!!.....if you wanna see something interesting...go to PhiladelphiaEagles.com and check out the video on the post game locker room celebration....of course, you probably can't stomach that if you are a Cowboy or Giants fan....but, it's pretty cool....the Eagles have some kind of karma going on....Super Bowl in 2011?....too early to say....but it sure would be about time for us longsuffering Eagle fans....50 yrs for me.... ;)

Another tough loss for the Cowboys last night in Arizona.....such a shame.... :P

How about Ed Rendell calling us a nation of wussies!!??

Coming from the Philadelphia mafia king himself! :doh:

Bad loss for the Eagles last night....geez.....they just made it a lot tougher to advance in the playoffs.....didn't even show up vs. the pathetic Vikings....Rendell?....well, the Governor is just an idiot....fortunately, he's out of office next week.... :clap::clap::clap:

Looking for the Boys to go out with a bang this weekend. Turkey day will be Jan. 2 this year as the Cowboys eat them Birds for lunch and spoil the desert!

My Facebook status after the Cowboys-Cardinals game:

This is a special group of guys. These Cowboys are resilient and will most likely win the whole thing after they destroy the Eagles next week.

Leave me alone, the kool-aid is yummy.

Well....maybe the Boys will win in Philly this Sunday....no Vick for sure....most of the starters will see limited action if any at all....gotta rest up for the playoffs....the QB matchup will be Kolb vs. McGee.....it's anybody's game.... :geek:

Sorry Cowboy fans....but your team just flat out stinks....they were lucky to beat the Eagles' 2nd stringers today by 1 pt....please hire Jason Garrett, Jerry Jones....and keep Tony Romo as your #1 QB...this will guarantee at least another few years of mediocrity in Big D.... :hai:

:*:*:* ....News Flash, my friend...today's game meant NOTHING to Philadelphia....nada...and still we should have won....but no matter....the only game that means anything to us is Green Bay next Sunday afternoon....that will be a tall order since they've already beaten us once in September....but that was with Kevin Kolb starting....as you saw today, #4 isn't that good.....#7 will be at QB next Sunday.....should be a lot of offensive fireworks on both sides of the ball....... ;)

And your head coach thought #4 was the best QB coming out of training camp? How does that make you feel? :!:

I've been saving for about a year to outfit my media room with a HD projector, 100" screen, surround sound, etc. Santa left me enough US currency under the tree to get me to my goal. Normally I don't save Cowboy games on my DVR much after the fact but I'm going to save this one. It will be fun to fire it up and watch a nice come back led by the 3rd string QB running an offense with the 5th and 6th string receivers.

Maybe you can give me some pointers on how to revel in the occasional win in a meaningless game. As a lifetime Eagles fan you've got more experience at that then I do.

:P

Ah...another comedian picking on the poor longsuffering football fans of Philadelphia....I know the Cowboys have a lot more rings that we do....in fact, we have none....and yes, it stings.....but there is always hope....and we Philly fans do live in hope of that glorious day when an Eagle lifts the Lombardi Trophy....will it come in TheEagleman's lifetime....maybe not....with my luck, I will pass on the day before we win it.....but one never knows...heck, a few years ago we thought the Phillies had no chance of doing anything....then all of a sudden they built a new stadium....signed Jim Thome...got a good young nucleus from the minors...signed and traded for some quality pitching and look at us now....the beasts of the National League...well, at least a perenniel contender.....Otis, I agree that Andy Reid has his flaws....but Reid has the the Eagles in the playoffs 9 of his 12 seasons....that's historic for a team that has gone 12 yrs without a winning record in my lifetime...not sure what he has seen in Kevin Kolb....he had a tough day yesterday but remember the OL was porous and all the big weapons were on the bench.....TheEagleman doesn't know if Kolb is going to be a starter in the NFL but for this season he is certainly no Mike Vick....Vick has come back from the dead....NOBODY saw this coming...not even longtime Eagle media watchers....#7 has been resurrected from the dead....but it will still take a big game from him and our other stars to beat the Packers next Sunday...our defense isn't very good....and Rodgers could light them up....I think we have to score over 30 to win this one...might take 35+....but Vick can do it.....we have to bring our A game offensively and run the ball consistantly.....not the way we played vs. the Vikes and most of the NYG game 2 weeks ago...if Vick goes back to pass 40+ times...we lose.......the NFC is up for grabs....any team could win this except for Seattle....gonna be interesting to see who gets to play the Steelers or Pats..... :!: