Summit League scores...

SDSUJacks

Just following on ESPN.com....Grizz down 3 with 25 seconds left....win or lose, Oakland has played well today..... :clap:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• SDSUJacks

• ron

• FargoBison

The Grizz are only 11-20 from the FT line today....MSU is 17-22.....that's the difference in this game.....sound familiar?... :(

Oakland drops a thriller to the #7 Spartans by 77-76.....55% FT shooting really hurt the Grizz.....tremendous effort at The Palace today for Kampe's boys..... :clap::clap::clap:

The Grizz lose by one, 77-76! What a heartbreaker!!

Tmh, are you not in Norman!!! I might have to revise my prediction. ;)

Wright had 21....Benson put up 17 and 12 but missed 4 of 5 FTs.....therein lies the difference.....so close yet so far....but right now we have to acknowledge Oakland as the #1 team in the Summit on 12/11.....that could change if ORU can win a today and a couple more times before Christmas and then beat the Grizz on 12/30.....there is still plenty of basketball to be played.... ;)

Wright had 21....Benson put up 17 and 12 but missed 4 of 5 FTs.....therein lies the difference.....so close yet so far....but right now we have to acknowledge Oakland as the #1 team in the Summit on 12/11.....that could change if ORU can win a today and a couple more times before Christmas and then beat the Grizz on 12/30.....there is still plenty of basketball to be played.... ;)

Take another sip of Koolaid, pal! I'm not acknowlidging anything :lol: !

Tmh, are you not in Norman!!! I might have to revise my prediction. ;)

I was planning to drive down, but wasn't able to make it.

Great representation by Oakland and IUPUI. Hopefully a win over Oklahoma tonight.

I'm excited. I think once CC and SUU are gone and USD comes in we'll have 6 pretty solid teams. Oakland, ORU and IUPUI will always be legit, I believe. SDSU and NDSU have alot of young talent and USD, I believe, is going to be competetive right away. I'm excited to watch this conference grow!

A bad loss for ORU today....Oakland came up a tad short vs top 10 MSU and SDSU is getting hammered at home tonight by Wisconsin-Milwaukee......oh well.....just another typical day in the Summit League..... :(

UW-Milwaukee 82 SDSU 70

Ugh. UWM drains 14 treys.

Only good news is Callahan goes 8-8 on FT's...still leads the nation (28-28).

Long story short, we struggle to make jumpers tonight. When that happens we're gonna struggle to win. Period.

At least my Bison kicked the crap out of UND in front 10,700 fans, soothed some of my wounds from watching the Bison football team lose in a heartbreaker.

10,700....was that the final figure? I know, as of Thursday, there were 9,300 tix sold. That's great to hear. Good for NDSU!!!!!!! Can't wait til we get to do the same to the 'Yotes!

*FWIW - UND and USD scoffed and laughed at NDSU and SDSU going D1 and wouldn't partner with us. The fact that they now choose to cross the ice after BIG BROTHER has made it accross safely is just a tad bit upsetting. So while SDSU/NDSU is a strong rivalry, it's somewhat a sibling rivalry as we really have alot of respect/admiration for each other (not a feeling felt on gameday ;) ). But the in-state stuff, on both ends, is pure hatred.

• 2 weeks later...

WIU loses at Creighton tonight by double digits....Centenary is trailing by 16 early in the 2nd half at Wyoming....and Oakland beat Rochester (Mi) by 24 tonight....Rochester?....who's next on the schedule...Jack Benny?.... :P .....oh yeah, it's Ohio State.... :geek:

SDSU lost at Western Michigan by a few on Saturday and then won by a few (on a Nate Wolters buzzer-beating trey) last night at Central Michigan. SDSU now 8-3. Up next is at Minnesota on Thursday night.

I have been too busy as of late to keep up with the rest of the Summit but I see that IPFW is playing right now at (12)Purdue on BigTenNetwork (Purdue 31 IPFW 22 at half). Oakland vs. Ohio State on BTN Thursday nt at 7. UMKC at K-State is also Thursday at 7pm on ESPNFullCourt package.

Merry Christmas to you all if I don't get on here for awhile.

IPFW loses by 30+ at Purdue....Oakland lost a heartbreaker to our old friends Valpo by 103-102....ouch!

Oh no. Crap. Oakland is so inconsistant, IMO.

Still tho, with all that has happened so far this year, not just on the court (beating 7-Tenn, Utah, Iowa, etc) but off (CC and SUU thankfully on their way out) I am very excited for the future of this league. I am also proud. I really hope first for stability and then that the 3 Dakota schools can continue to strive to be what ORU, Oakland and, to a lesser extent, IUPUI are right now. In my book, the only conference we haven't beat in just the last two years, of any relevance, is ACC. And we've played what? 2-3 games against the ACC in that time?