Halladay Makes History!....

theeagleman5

Roy Halladay tossed only the 2nd no-hitter in baseball post season history (Don Larson's 1956 perfecto was the other) last night as the Phillies shut out the Reds, 4-0!.....incredible!!!... :clap::clap::clap:

I was thinking of you EM as my boys and I were watching the last innings of that game. It was fun to watch history being made. I was impressed with his maturity and focus in the interviews after the game. The Phillies (and their pitching) look awfully tough this year.

I was on the telephone in the final moments with my 32 yr old son in Florida and my 8 yr old grandson who lives nearby....those final outs were precious and moments none of us will ever forget...who knows, we may never see another post season no-hitter in our lifetimes....the Larson one in 1956 was when I was only 2...i have only read about it....Halladay gave all baseball fans a taste of history last night at Citizens Bank Park....TheEagleman is still stunned.... :o:o:o

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. He was loyal to Toronto for sooo long in spite of the fact that they didn't do anything for years. I hope he can make a huge impact by continuing to have a lot of success with the Phillies. Thought of you, too, Eagleman, as I was watching the wrap-up this morning.

TheEagleman has only been watching Halladay up close for this season but the guy seems very humble and is a true professional....his work ethic seems to have rubbed off on some of the other pitchers on our staff and has been very good for young lefty, Cole Hamels who has had a monster 2nd half....It doesn't get any easier for the Reds tonight with Roy Oswalt on the mound....this is another guy who has pitched sensationally since acquired in late July....he is undefeated at 9-0 in Citizens Bank Park for his career so if Cincinnati is to even the series, they had better get to him early....if the Phils make it 2-0 this evening, then Hamels goes on Sunday to end the series at Great American Ballpark in Cincy....I think it will be Phillies-Giants and Yankees-Rangers in the League Championship Series.....Philadelphia is sky high for these playoffs...trying to become the first NL team since the Cardinals in 1942-44 to make 3 straight World Series appearances....could happen....would love a rematch with the hated NYY.... :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Halladay vs. Lincecum in Game 1 of NLCS tonight Phillies vs. Giants....big game!.... :sweat:

Tough loss for the Rangers last night vs. the NYY but looks like Texas has recovered today as they are bashing the Bronx Bombers....but, you can never count the Yankees out....still 6 outs to go....7-2 Texas... ;)

great bounce back game for the rangers after friday's meltdown. they should win game three w/cliff lee on the mound.

Phillies even the series tonight behind excellent pitching from Roy Oswalt....so now both the NLCS and ALCS are tied at 1-1....should be some great baseball ahead this coming week....yeah, Cliff Lee will be tough to beat at Yankee Stadium tomorrow night....but the Yanks are always tough to take out...we will probably see each series going to 6 or 7 games.... ;)

Josh Hamilton gets the Rangers off to a good start tonight....2 runs might be all that is needed for Cliff Lee.... ;)

Halladay guts out 6 innings despite a groin pull last night and the Phillies postpone the Giants busting open the champagne.....now they have to come back to Philly for game 6 and hopefully game 7....SF has been playing above their heads but Phils just not hitting....pitching has been great on both sides....it's up for grabs now but Giants still have that 1 game lead.....Yankees in the same boat tonight at Texas....TheEagleman expects the Rangers to win if not tonight then in game 7 with Cliff Lee at home.... :geek:

The Texas Rangers are in their first World Series!....TheEagleman is very happy for Josh Hamilton, Mike Young and all their teammates....now we just have to wait and see if it's the Phillies or Giants who join them.....big game 6 :sweat: here in Philly tonight....

Giants bullpen was strong tonight vs. the Philles....so they head to the World Series vs. the Rangers....should be a very competitive series.... ;(;(;(