ORU draws with Centenary

theeagleman5

Only a 1-1 tie with the Gents at home?...not a promising result against a team that come into the game 0-4....the good guys just don't seem to have any passion in them right now....time for a coaching change?... :wasntme:

:devil:

I've attempted to reply twice in the last week and my comments never get posted...not sure what's going on.

Nonetheless, without going into the details AGAIN...

I couldn't agree more that a coaching change is well overdue...and I'm guessing that many men's soccer alumni would support a change. Hard to support a coach that alienates the alumni base. I've attempted a half-dozen times to reach out to Coach Hayes and got nothing in return.

The sad truth is that ORU doesn't give a rip about the men's soccer program and will not proactively make a change to upgrade the program. Change will only occur if Hayes resigns.

I saw the team play at Denver a couple weeks ago, and they definitely have talent, size and speed to compete and be successful. Losing to teams like Rogers State and tying Centenary are inexcusable!

Talent has never been the issue. I think we all know that. Well, by all I guess I mean everyone but the athletic department... or it's more likely that they know and sadly just don't care. Oh well, what can you do?

Talent has never been the issue. I think we all know that. Well, by all I guess I mean everyone but the athletic department... or it's more likely that they know and sadly just don't care. Oh well, what can you do?

You can support the program financially to get a new coach. The school is already raising the money for facilities for the program. It's easy to be a arm-chair quarterback, but it takes $$$ to get a seat at the table. There's enough people that follow and like the program. If it's worth complaining about, it's worth doing something about it (IMHO).

goldeneagoal...

If memory serves me right, you're currently a player on the team right?

You should be proud of your effort and skill...I was very impressed! Stay positive and best of luck the rest of the season.

Regarding financially supporting the program...I have done that in a limited manner throughout the years, however, I refuse to pony up another dime as long as the current coach is in charge...I think it's understandable and logical to not expect alumni to contribute financially (materially) when the current coach makes absolutely no attempt to connect with the alumni. The coach is technically the leader of the soccer program, and if he wants to improve the facilities, recruiting, etc, then he must make an attempt to connect with the alumni...no ostrisize them! I see it similar to politics and donating to a politicians campaign. If I donate to the school with the hopes of a leadership change, there's no guarantee that my investment will result in that change...

Financial support will flow inwards if they make a change at the top...that is exactly what happened at ORU when Richard was pushed out...

goldeneagoal...

If memory serves me right, you're currently a player on the team right?

You should be proud of your effort and skill...I was very impressed! Stay positive and best of luck the rest of the season.

Regarding financially supporting the program...I have done that in a limited manner throughout the years, however, I refuse to pony up another dime as long as the current coach is in charge...I think it's understandable and logical to not expect alumni to contribute financially (materially) when the current coach makes absolutely no attempt to connect with the alumni. The coach is technically the leader of the soccer program, and if he wants to improve the facilities, recruiting, etc, then he must make an attempt to connect with the alumni...no ostrisize them! I see it similar to politics and donating to a politicians campaign. If I donate to the school with the hopes of a leadership change, there's no guarantee that my investment will result in that change...

Financial support will flow inwards if they make a change at the top...that is exactly what happened at ORU when Richard was pushed out...

TS8, I certainly don't begrudge your withholding financial consideration under the current coaching situation; however, throwing rocks at the house from the message board won't make it change. If you're really interested in change, you have to get under the tent and change it from within. Since you're out of town, it makes it more difficult, but not impossible. I'd highly suggest contacting Mike Carter directly and share your concerns in a tactful and professional manner and find out if there is anything that you (as an Alum, Letter-winner, and soccer program supporter due to past financial contributions) can do to assist the soccer program or get a better understanding of the situation to help allieviate your frustration so that you can support the program with a clear mind.

Bogus,

I completely agree with your comments and am planning on contacting either Mike Carter or Rick Fennimore after the season is over. Although I and other alumni are frustrated, I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the current players. My number one concern is for the men currently "giving it their all" for the program...they deserve better!

Hummm.....this thread continues to get more interesting as the days go by...... :geek: