"Ron . . ." thread -

tmh8286

Sorry guys - I attempted to move the thread to the Summit League board, and expected that it would be removed from the Basketball board. It wasn't, so I then tried to delete it from that board, and it deleted the thread from both!! Sorry about that!

I didn't delete it completely on purpose, it just kinda happened . . . :$:$:$

(Hopefully you can continue the discussion on Ron's "SDSU in Winnipeg" thread on the Summit league board.

Sorry guys - I attempted to move the thread to the Summit League board, and expected that it would be removed from the Basketball board. It wasn't, so I then tried to delete it from that board, and it deleted the thread from both!! Sorry about that!

I didn't delete it completely on purpose, it just kinda happened . . . :$:$:$

(Hopefully you can continue the discussion on Ron's "SDSU in Winnipeg" thread on the Summit league board.

Or, more fittingly, the SDSU website. :fubar:

This board sees about 10 posts a day in the offseason and we are moving threads? LOL!

Yeah, don't be cluttering up the main board with junk. It already takes me a whole 5 minutes to read the posts from the previous week!

This board sees about 10 posts a day in the offseason and we are moving threads? LOL!

Yeah, don't be cluttering up the main board with junk. It already takes me a whole 5 minutes to read the posts from the previous week!

Did you happen to see the thread that was being moved?

Basically an SDSU lovefest between "SDSUJack" and "Ron", with virtually no connection to ORU basketball - belonged on a Facebook or Twitter account, or simply in PM's/e-mails between the two - but not here. :fubar:

Actually, and sadly, this has been the most interesting thread on this board in the last 2-3 weeks.

That's getting ready to change real quick.

That's getting ready to change real quick.

Now that statement isn't the least bit provocative . . .

You know something, or are you referring to the upcoming season???

Now that statement isn't the least bit provocative . . .

You know something, or are you referring to the upcoming season???

Hey, let's not turn this onto another Facebook exchange like we just (mercifully) lost in this space!

Haha...I thought the same thing. But I also understand it was moved probably b/c of many of peoples disdain for the author. And FWIW, we have people that do the same thing on our board or get worked up when we dare go off topic. And yes, I have chuckeled at them too.

It was moved back to the Summit League board because it was trolled to this section to get a reaction... like every other post related to SDSU, which no other person outside of South Dakota would otherwise care about.

It was moved back to the Summit League board because it was trolled to this section to get a reaction... like every other post related to SDSU, which no other person outside of South Dakota would otherwise care about.

Oh c'mon, do you really believe that? You think my only reason to come over here is to get you guys all riled up? If so why did I not say ONE word on here when our mens hoops, our women's hoops and our baseball squad all scored huge wins off you guys. Not a single word. If I'm a troll, I need some practice.

I dont think SDSU has ever done anything to cause an ORU fan to get 'riled up'... actually the only time I remember anyone getting really upset and throwing a tantrum was after ORU crushed SDSU twice in the Summit baseball tournament.

Haha...I thought the same thing. But I also understand it was moved probably b/c of many of peoples disdain for the author. And FWIW, we have people that do the same thing on our board or get worked up when we dare go off topic. And yes, I have chuckeled at them too.

Oh, wait. SDSUJAcks was heavily involved in the thread....um....I retract my earlier post. :D

Simple test: would the original thread have been started in the first place if SDSU had lost in their Canadian exhibition tour?

Of course not.

Once again, the entire premise of the thread was based on the typical passive-aggressive approach of the world's most clueless troll: "Gee, I just can't understand why everyone is getting so upset here, just because I happened to be passing by, and wanted to remind everyone how great the Jackrabbits are, and how wonderful South Dakota is, and how we just went north of the border and whooped up on 18-year-olds even shorter and paler than we are, blah, blah, blah."

You know, at least trolls like TU's Gold* just come on here with both barrels blazing and leave no doubt about their opinions. We may not like it, but at least we know where they stand.

But please spare me the whole "chuck and duck" approach of lobbing candy-flavored hand grenades, and then feigning surprise and frustration when they're ill-received - it's insulting to the collective IQ on here.

OT, my challenge to you is to put something meaningful up about the members of our team that you are able to observe as they play a little two-on-two or whatever. If you think you caught me getting excited about having a chance to see a team from the Summit League play in my town, I am guilty as charged. Did I have much in the way of substance to pass on? No. Why? I would say that there was never any doubt as to who would win the "contest". I could only watch as Nagy tried to get his team to execute certain plays or strategies. I couldn't even tell how good they are exactly because I don't know how good the University of Manitoba team is in respect to the U.S. college basketball hierarchy.

I am happy that I got to observe the team just around the corner from my house that I want to take a road trip to watch as they play ORU on January 8. In case you are not aware of the road conditions in this part of the world at that time of year, it helps if you bring a little excitement with you when you embark on that 6.5 hour trip (summer conditions). I sat directly behind the SDSU bench and listened in on Nagy's talks to his team during the timeouts. In my opinion, the SDSU team is getting better which should make the Summit League better, which should in turn boost ORU's profile.

I live in a country that I love but that is far away from my alma mater. Once in a while something happens that allows me to be a little closer to some kind of action. On the chance that someone might want to share just a little of my exuberance, I decided to post my thoughts.

As I said before, was I happy to be able to watch this game? You betcha! I started a thread in the Summit League section to talk about it. SDSUJacks overlooked that thread accidentally or on purpose. I don't know. I responded politely to the place where he posted. As someone said before though, unless you post some observations of our team members doing something to do with basketball, please just pass over the attempts by others to bring something that even a few people on our board might be interested in. Read selectively. At this point of the year, we are really not diverting too much attention away from more important postings.

Simple test: would the original thread have been started in the first place if SDSU had lost in their Canadian exhibition tour?

Of course not.

Once again, the entire premise of the thread was based on the typical passive-aggressive approach of the world's most clueless troll: "Gee, I just can't understand why everyone is getting so upset here, just because I happened to be passing by, and wanted to remind everyone how great the Jackrabbits are, and how wonderful South Dakota is, and how we just went north of the border and whooped up on 18-year-olds even shorter and paler than we are, blah, blah, blah."

You know, at least trolls like TU's Gold* just come on here with both barrels blazing and leave no doubt about where they stand. We may not like it, but at least we know where they stand.

But please spare me the whole "chuck and duck" approach of lobbing candy-flavored hand grenades, and then feigning surprise and frustration when they're ill-received - it's insulting to the collective IQ on here.

If SDSU had lost the game, I would have started the thread, and if I am any judge of character, I bet the participation of others would have been a whole lot more intense. We're only dealing with woulda, coulda, shouldas here though so we'll never know, will we? ;)

BTW, size-wise the teams matched up pretty evenly except for the Manitoba Bisons' senior point guard, Garcia, who was listed at 5-8, but I was told wasn't any taller than 5-6 or 5-7. He was the high scorer for the Canadian team with 4 treys to his credit. SDSU managed to block his shot once that I noticed.

What on earth made you think I was talking about you all this time?

Sorry, another Facebook moment - send me a private message or an e-mail is you really want to discuss it.

And that goes for SDSUjackass, too.

In the meantime, if I have anything substantive to post on here regarding ORU BASKETBALL, you know I will. I just haven't had a chance to see anything this summer - too busy.

Are any of you involved in coaching at all? Do you ever scout an opponent to see what kind of potential they have? My son's Atom football team went to the city finals last year. I and others on our coaching staff observed our final opponent as they played their semifinal game the week before. We thought our observations were relevant. In the same light, observing our competitors as we "shadow" coach our Golden Eagles is a legitimate exercise for an ardent fan. Talking, reading and writing about it is a natural follow-up activity. I don't get paid for coaching or managing my son's team. I don't get paid for being an ORU fan. Stop trying to spoil my fun as I do the only thing I can right now to give expression to my being a fan.

You may not have speaking to me, OT, but the thread bears my name, so pardon me if I consider myself somewhat involved.