SDSU Football

SDSUJacks

I am in football mode and our trip to play Nebraska and gearing up for what we think is gonna be another playoff season. But, with our sched just being released and talk of a JuCo All-American joining a recruiting class that has already been heralded by ESPN I will post our sched (Yes, I plan to recieve heck for this :$ ...

Aug 23 University of Winnipeg at Winnipeg, Manitoba (Exibition)

Aug 24 University of Manitoba at Winnipeg, Manitoba (Exib.)

Aug 26 University of Winnipeg at Winnipeg, Manitoba (Exib.)

Aug 27 University of Manitoba at Winnipeg, Manitoba (Exib.)

Nov 12 Eastern Illinois at Charleston, Ill.

Nov 14 Iowa at Iowa City, Iowa

Nov 18 SW Minnesota State Frost Arena

Nov 23 Idaho State Frost Arena

Nov 27 Eastern Illinois Frost Arena

Nov 30 Nevada Frost Arena

Dec 04 North Dakota State * Frost Arena

Dec 08 Mayville State Frost Arena

Dec 11 UW-Milwaukee Frost Arena

Dec 18 Western Michigan at Kalamazoo, Mich.

Dec 20 Central Michigan at Mt. Pleasant, Mich.

Dec 23 Minnesota at Minneapolis, Minn.

Dec 30 UMKC * at Kansas City, Mo.

Jan 01 Southern Utah * at Cedar City, Utah

Jan 06 Centenary * Frost Arena

Jan 08 Oral Roberts * Frost Arena

Jan 13 Western Illinois * at Macomb, Ill.

Jan 15 IUPUI * at Indianapolis, Ind.

Jan 20 Oakland * Frost Arena

Jan 22 IPFW * Frost Arena

Jan 27 UMKC * Frost Arena

Jan 29 Southern Utah * Frost Arena

Feb 03 Oral Roberts * at Tulsa, Okla.

Feb 05 Centenary * at Shreveport, La.

Feb 10 IUPUI * Frost Arena

Feb 12 Western Illinois * Frost Arena

Feb 17 IPFW * at Ft. Wayne, Ind.

Feb 19 Oakland * at Rochester, Mich.

Feb 26 NDSU * at Fargo, N.D.

I see something like 17-12 w/ this schedule (Best finish: 21-8....worst 12-17). The four games in Canada should really help this new team (4 incoming recruits, 2 coming off redshirt and all 6 will contribute). The 7 home games in a row should help (predict 5-2 in that stretch). I think we are impoved in nearly every area from last year. We lost 4 seniors and 2 juniors who hopefully took what I felt was a lackluster effort and losing attitude w/ them. A new beginning and probably the best team, on paper, we've had at the D-1 level.

I think probably 11-7 in conference in realistic. Losses: ORU (2), Oak (2), IUPUI (1), IPFW (1), NDSU (1). That would be good for 3rd or 4th. I think Oak is fave, followed closely by ORU. After that it's anyones guess w/ SDSU, IUPUI, IPFW and NDSU most likely being the next four in some order.

You truly are the biggest tool in the box.

Here's hoping the Cornhuskers slap half a hundred on your 6A high school football team.

Are we talking big box or little? :D They can drop 50 on us, it won't really matter, as long as they drop that $550,000 check in our laps. It's all about the latter. (We lost to Minnesota last year by 3)

UMKC playing KU, K-State and Witchita State.

Oh, and SuFu is making a play to land NCAA Women's Opening Round Games in 2012...

http://m.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... ate=wapart

SDSU is playing at Nebraska on the gridiron this yeah, huh?....well, that should be interesting....TheEagleman is no fan of the Cornhuskers and will be hoping that the Jacks can keep it close....sometimes the big schools overlook the little guys who have some talent and come to play..... ;)

Thanks eagleman...we darn near beat Minnesota last year. We had the ball in their territory w/ minutes to go...lost by 3 basically b/c of a true frosh QB. Hung in there vs. Iowa State the year before. NDSU beat Minnesota a cpl yrs ago. Our game vs. Nebraska is their homecoming, so I suppose they'll be fired up. I'll be there. We season ticket holders bought our alloted 2,500 tix in the first day. We have good D1 schools scheduled in the future. Good paydays.

SDSU Jacks, FWIW, I'm hoping to catch a game or two when your team comes into town in August. I wonder how they are going to handle the rule differences? You will most certainly present a huge test to our schools up here. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for letting me know about the opportunity.

Thanks Ron. Ya, you'll have to show up and check em out. I look forward to hearing an update from ya. Our beatwriter was looking for a hotel. I guess he went w/ the Radisson. Any restaurant suggestions for him?

I'm not worried about how they'll adjust or even if they win. The positives are they get 10 practices before the trip (we have 6 new guys), they get to play 4 games together, which is a better headstart than everybody else in the country, and, financially, they get $30,000 for the trip, only have to pay for food and will get into a regular season tourney or get lined up to play a guarantee game next year worth at least $40,000.

Our two games vs. Minnesota and Iowa will bring in $125,000 in guarantees.

Thanks Ron. Ya, you'll have to show up and check em out. I look forward to hearing an update from ya. Our beatwriter was looking for a hotel. I guess he went w/ the Radisson. Any restaurant suggestions for him?

I'm not worried about how they'll adjust or even if they win. The positives are they get 10 practices before the trip (we have 6 new guys), they get to play 4 games together, which is a better headstart than everybody else in the country, and, financially, they get $30,000 for the trip, only have to pay for food and will get into a regular season tourney or get lined up to play a guarantee game next year worth at least $40,000.

Our two games vs. Minnesota and Iowa will bring in $125,000 in guarantees.

I'll get back to you on the restaurant thing. Interesting thing about the University of Winnipeg though. They don't have a football team.

I don't know if I ever told you but I was recruited by coach Ron McCutcheon to play at Brandon University in Brandon Manitoba. Their two star players were Eldon Irving and Joey Vickery. Vickery played on Canadian Nat'l team. At that time they were the big dog in Canada hoops. Won like 8 of the last 10 titles at that point. SDSU would've beat that team by 20. But I know Kansas went and played somewhere up in Canada a few years ago and a couple games were close. So who knows? I'm sure KU was trying different things and didn't want to have 4 blowout games.

I don't know if I ever told you but I was recruited by coach Ron McCutcheon to play at Brandon University in Brandon Manitoba. Their two star players were Eldon Irving and Joey Vickery. Vickery played on Canadian Nat'l team. At that time they were the big dog in Canada hoops. Won like 8 of the last 10 titles at that point. SDSU would've beat that team by 20. But I know Kansas went and played somewhere up in Canada a few years ago and a couple games were close. So who knows? I'm sure KU was trying different things and didn't want to have 4 blowout games.

You have indeed told me about your recruitment by Brandon University. I went to high school with a star of the Canadian team, Rommel Raffin. He played university ball with someone in the States. I don't remember who. Our small claims to fame?

I would seriously like an answer from you about how you have scheduled a school that has no football team of any description! Hasn't anyone on your board drawn attention to this yet? What does your beat writer say about it? I checked the schedule of the only other football team in town that has players at that age level (Canadian Junior Football) and they don't have any games scheduled against you either.

I don't follow university ball up here although the University of Manitoba Bisons play just around the corner from my house. Does your reference to Brandon University mean that they are playing Brandon instead (Do they have a football team?). It's all a bit puzzling really. :o

You have indeed told me about your recruitment by Brandon University. I went to high school with a star of the Canadian team, Rommel Raffin. He played university ball with someone in the States. I don't remember who. Our small claims to fame?

I would seriously like an answer from you about how you have scheduled a school that has no football team of any description! Hasn't anyone on your board drawn attention to this yet? What does your beat writer say about it? I checked the schedule of the only other football team in town that has players at that age level (Canadian Junior Football) and they don't have any games scheduled against you either.

I don't follow university ball up here although the University of Manitoba Bisons play just around the corner from my house. Does your reference to Brandon University mean that they are playing Brandon instead (Do they have a football team?). It's all a bit puzzling really. :o

I just realized that although the thread is entitled SDSU football, you are indeed talking SDSU basketball here. Sorry for not getting that in spite of the roadblocks. I will indeed try to make it out to at least the U of M games. It will be a great opportunity to see what perhaps the fourth place team in the league looks like. I wish ORU would schedule this exhibition trip sometime. Seeing my team here for almost a week would be simply amazing. I`ll definitely post my thoughts on the games for anyone that is interested.

I was confused too ron. Didn't know why you were bringing up football. My post was moved by a mod here and titled "SDSU football" despite 95% of it talking about basketball. Either the mod didn't read past the first sentence of my post or it's more of the "ELI" treatment for me :lol:

I was confused too ron. Didn't know why you were bringing up football. My post was moved by a mod here and titled "SDSU football" despite 95% of it talking about basketball. Either the mod didn't read past the first sentence of my post or it's more of the "ELI" treatment for me :lol:

I must confess, I was confused, too, Jacks. When I saw the August dates and your profession of being in football mode, I thought you'd posted the SDSU football schedule. If I'd looked a little closer I would have also seen the Nov.-Feb. dates. My bad. Had I realized that was the BASKETBALL schedule, I probably would have left it where it was. But in reality, this is a more appropriate place for it.

Not a problem....I am curious as to other Summit schedules so when I saw yours on here and then saw ours was released I just thought I'd copy and paste.