ORU 2010 season

theeagleman5

TheEagleman was just taking a gander at our schedule for the upcoming season and it looks very challenging.....games at TU, Mempis, St. Louis, Denver, Air Force and Houston Baptist....interesting home matchups with Wisconsin-GB and Marshall.....anybody know if our team is expected to be improved this year and can we make the Summit League playoffs?.... :)

So neither NDSU or SDSU have men's soccer teams?....what's the deal with that?....TheEagleman sees that their women play soccer but not the men.....seems like a cheap sport to field a team....especially when both spend the money on football..... :geek:

So neither NDSU or SDSU have men's soccer teams?....what's the deal with that?....TheEagleman sees that their women play soccer but not the men.....seems like a cheap sport to field a team....especially when both spend the money on football..... :geek:

Soccer would be in direct competition with FCS football. That would just not be right in the Dakotas, you know! ;)

Title IX is the main reason. Having 63 scholarships go to the football team means sponsoring several more women's sports than men's to compensate. If we(NDSU) were to add sports, it would probably be women's and men's(maybe) tennis. Women's equestrian would be a dark horse(sorry) due to the large number of allowed scholarships(good for balancing football), having a natural rival in SDSU, and it being a complement to our expanding equine studies program.

On the same sort of topic, I've always wondered why you guys don't field a softball team. With your success in baseball, it would seem to be logical.

I think the softball decision also rests on costs. A softball team requires a separate field from baseball, while volleyball can be played on a court which can also be used for normal campus recreation. However, if ORU ever expands its athletic program (not likely in the near future), I would think that softball would be on the short list.

Curling might also be fun and cheap....hard to believe all the Dakota schools aren't into that sport.... :P

Hopefully our men's soccer team is a lot improved this season....the schedule certainly looks demanding....gotta get off to a good start....any new foreign players coming in this year?.... :geek:

Hey Sports Guru..... :*:*:*

• 4 weeks later...

ORU vs. NE OK State this Saturday night in a pre-season game.....time to play some soccer!....anybody know if our team is any good this season?... :geek:

My guess... same head coach = same unfixed problems. I heard they brought in a another good freshman class though. I truly wish them the best of luck, and hopefully they'll prove me wrong!

Hey Golden....you have mentioned before that you don't care for the ORU soccer coach...who does he have pictures of?... ;)