ORU president finishes first year- TW (7/7/10)

vcboy2000

ORU President finishes first year.

by Bill Sherman

For Mark Rutland, who completed his first year as the president of Oral Roberts University on July 1, it's always been about the students.

"I love the faculty, and I'm crazy in love with the students," Rutland said.

"A bond with the students developed faster than I had any right to expect. I'm devoted to them. I absolutely love them. They're bright, articulate, challenging, fun and deeply committed. It's an impressive group of young people."

When Rutland was first advised about the ORU job, he turned it down. At the time, he was the president of Southeastern University, an Assemblies of God college in Lakeland, Fla., that during the previous 10 years he had brought from a small, dying Bible college to a thriving university.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. ... rkRu749787

Great article and nice interview below the story on the Tulsa World's website.

A very positive article....Rutland seems like the right man at the right time.....at least now we have some serious leaders and businessmen running ORU.....it's about time!.... :up: