News
vcboy2000

16 Regional Sites Announced!

Old Titan

Only one #4 Seed won on Friday: Minnesota (the Big Ten's alternate representative for their true champion, SDSU*).

#1 Seeds playing at home simply have a vast advantage over the #4 seeds - whether they play at night or in the afternoon.

*Just can't get over how silly that assertion remains.

TrueBlue82

Of the 16 teams eliminated on day two, 11 were #4 seeds, three #3 seeds, and two #2 seeds (ironically, both from the Pac-10, Stanford and Cal). ORU has now "exceeded expectations" and kept Rob Walton's streak alive of winning at least one game in each regional. And for some reason, I don't think this team is done just yet... 8)

dbl78
Of the 16 teams eliminated on day two, 11 were #4 seeds, three #3 seeds, and two #2 seeds (ironically, both from the Pac-10, Stanford and Cal). ORU has now "exceeded expectations" and kept Rob Walton's streak alive of winning at least one game in each regional. And for some reason, I don't think this team is done just yet... 8)

Blue - we actually went two and out at the 2007 regional in Wichita. We lost to Arizona in the first round 4-3, and then we lost to Wichita State 11-4 in the elimination game.

I agree that this team has exceeded expectations - I think that Rob has done a great job with this group, what other mid-major team could lose 7 pitchers, and then proceed to win their conference tournement, and play as tough as we have in the regionals.

theeagleman5

TheEagleman thinks we will beat UNC this afternoon....get ready for an OU rematch tonight!.... ;)