16 Regional Sites Announced!

vcboy2000

Bogus, I've seen you post that same sentiment before, and I must admit you are the ONLY person I have ever heard express it in such a way.

For what reason(s) would Rob Walton not want to play OU?

If it's because we simply can't get Sunny to agree to where/when/how often, and we choose not to just let them dictate terms, then it really falls back on Sunny, doesn't it?

As it has been stated in a recent movie title....It's Complicated!! :?::|:^)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• Bogus Smith

• tmh8286

• TrueBlue82

It's the classic "OR-who?" routine, from a program right down the road!!

They'll know who we are when it's over... 8)

Just got in from traveling back from Texas today, but I am LOVING that they sent us to Norman. Especially Golloway going into PR mode with the OU fans... his players, and the OKC media talking about ORU like we're an out-of-state school, "Yeah, I think they're north of us"

Maybe they could ask OSU, Nebraska and Texas. The first 2 eliminated by ORU in '06 and '08, the last one beaten by ORU this year but not by OU

"I don't know much about Oral Roberts?"...."Just north of us?"....???.....someone down there definitely needs to show our boys that tape.....TheEagleman thinks that ORU needs to whip OU on Friday and then Coach Walton can pull out a map in the hand shake line.... ;)

Any idea why Oklahoma would schedule the OU-ORU match-up for the afternoon, and have Cal and UNC in the prime-time nightcap? Of the 16 regionals, only 4 (including Norman) have the host team playing in the early game. From a marketing standpoint, it just doesn't make sense to have the locals play at 2 and the West Coast/East Coast match-up at 7. The only reason I can think for OU wanting to play in the early game is to have more time to prepare for Saturday's game (and if you lose Friday night, it IS very difficult to come back in the early game on Saturday). Still, I would think that OU will see fewer ticket sales as a result - but maybe they have enough support in the area to still guarantee a sell-out even at 2 pm?

Sunny thinks they will beat us and he wants to have the extra time to prepare for Saturday's game. Poor marketing decision.

Any idea why Oklahoma would schedule the OU-ORU match-up for the afternoon, and have Cal and UNC in the prime-time nightcap? Of the 16 regionals, only 4 (including Norman) have the host team playing in the early game. From a marketing standpoint, it just doesn't make sense to have the locals play at 2 and the West Coast/East Coast match-up at 7. The only reason I can think for OU wanting to play in the early game is to have more time to prepare for Saturday's game (and if you lose Friday night, it IS very difficult to come back in the early game on Saturday). Still, I would think that OU will see fewer ticket sales as a result - but maybe they have enough support in the area to still guarantee a sell-out even at 2 pm?

Any chance he thinks that it will be harder for ORU fans to be at the game at that time? He doesn't want us to turn it into a home game, or is that a ridiculous thought?

Any chance he thinks that it will be harder for ORU fans to be at the game at that time? He doesn't want us to turn it into a home game, or is that a ridiculous thought?

The reality is, when the Summit League Tournament was played in our own back yard, ron, relatively few fans turned out. I think Sunny has little to worry about in that regard. The Sooners have thousands following their program, and will likely fill the place, regardless of when they play their games.

The reality is, when the Summit League Tournament was played in our own back yard, ron, relatively few fans turned out. I think Sunny has little to worry about in that regard. The Sooners have thousands following their program, and will likely fill the place, regardless of when they play their games.

I am truly sorry to hear that although I imagine an NCAA Regional against OU would have more drawing power thatn the Summit League Tournament that seems to return every year like clockwork (except maybe next year :( ). For an out-of-towner that doesn't have much chance to attend any games (although I am looking forward to games in Grand Forks which is only two hours away), this seems like a tremendous opportunity to be part of a history-making moment with ORU beating OU at their house.

I guess Geography isn't a major at OU...

And who was that Rhodes Scholar that thinks North Carolina State is coming to town. They've killed men over less in North Carolina.

Interesting random fact: There are twenty participants in the NCAA tourney representing one-bid conferences (like the Summit). Those teams finished a combined 3-17 on Friday, with only Hawaii (WAC), Minnesota (Big Ten) and Coastal Carolina (Big South, and a #1 seed hosting a regional) breaking through. The power conferences are even stronger in baseball than in basketball. In fact, the SEC, with EIGHT bids - completed the first round a perfect 8-0. Big gap between the haves and the have-nots...

Only one #4 Seed won on Friday: Minnesota (the Big Ten's alternate representative for their true champion, SDSU*).

#1 Seeds playing at home simply have a vast advantage over the #4 seeds - whether they play at night or in the afternoon.

*Just can't get over how silly that assertion remains.

Of the 16 teams eliminated on day two, 11 were #4 seeds, three #3 seeds, and two #2 seeds (ironically, both from the Pac-10, Stanford and Cal). ORU has now "exceeded expectations" and kept Rob Walton's streak alive of winning at least one game in each regional. And for some reason, I don't think this team is done just yet... 8)

Of the 16 teams eliminated on day two, 11 were #4 seeds, three #3 seeds, and two #2 seeds (ironically, both from the Pac-10, Stanford and Cal). ORU has now "exceeded expectations" and kept Rob Walton's streak alive of winning at least one game in each regional. And for some reason, I don't think this team is done just yet... 8)

Blue - we actually went two and out at the 2007 regional in Wichita. We lost to Arizona in the first round 4-3, and then we lost to Wichita State 11-4 in the elimination game.

I agree that this team has exceeded expectations - I think that Rob has done a great job with this group, what other mid-major team could lose 7 pitchers, and then proceed to win their conference tournement, and play as tough as we have in the regionals.

TheEagleman thinks we will beat UNC this afternoon....get ready for an OU rematch tonight!.... ;)