16 Regional Sites Announced!

vcboy2000

Arizona State (47-8)

Arkansas (40-18)

Auburn (40-19)

Cal State Fullerton (40-15 through Saturday, May 29)

Coastal Carolina (51-7)

Connecticut (47-14)

Florida (42-15)

Georgia Tech (45-13)

Louisville (48-12)

Miami (Florida) (40-17)

Oklahoma (44-15)

South Carolina (43-15)

Texas (46-11),

TCU (46-11)

UCLA (42-13)

Virginia (47-11)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• Bogus Smith

• tmh8286

• TrueBlue82

No matter where we go, we will be a huge underdog. Bring on anybody! We'll bring our bats with us.

Hard to believe that Florida State isn't hosting a regional.....they just won the ACC tournament and have been top 15 all year..... :geek:

If there is anyone on the Baseball Selection committee that knows about ORU baseball, I believe that they will send us to the Norman regional for a number of reasons:

1. A good story line between Sunny Galloway and ORU.

2. We have already played Texas, TCU and Arkansas (which are other regional hosts).

3. Travel distance for a #4 seed.

4. Not expecting OU to be a national seed and Texas, TCU and Arkansas may be higher seeds.

5. Regional interest (although Arkansas would also like us for regional interest and crowd).

I saw a projection that had ORU going to Norman along with LSU and Cal... that would be awesome :o

I saw a projection that had ORU going to Norman along with LSU and Cal... that would be awesome :o

Tht would be a GREAT matchup, Alum. We'll see . . .

Baseball America predicts the Norman Regional as follows...1. Oklahoma 2. Washington St. 3. New Mexico and 4. ORU.....wouldn't that be a very winnable scenerio for us.....also, I see that Wichita State failed to win their conference tournament....they are on the bubble and in danger of not making the NCAA tournament for the first time after 14 straight appearances....if that happens, ORU would then have the 2nd longest streak behind OSU.... :geek:

15 minutes until the announcement....logic would say that we wind up at either Norman, Fayetteville or Ft. Worth....but then again, one year they sent us all the way to Clemson and another year to LA and last year to Arizona....so, who knows?... |(

Well, there it is....ORU vs. OU and Sunny Galloway in the first round....gotta love that!..... ;)

Oklahoma, California, North Carolina and ORU....what a great regional in Norman....should be some exciting baseball and we will have a lot of fans travelling from Tulsa for the big game on Friday vs. the Sunny and the Sooners.... :)

Oklahoma, California, North Carolina and ORU....what a great regional in Norman....should be some exciting baseball and we will have a lot of fans travelling from Tulsa for the big game on Friday vs. the Sunny and the Sooners.... :)

I think I like it!! The Eagleman has weighed in, what do some of you other baseball gurus think?

Just wondering....what happened to Eagleman favorite Dallas Baptist this season....a down year?.... :o....also, the Shockers fail to make the field after 14 straight appearances and OSU after 16 straight....ORU now with 13 straight has the 5th longest streak in NCAA Baseball....True Blue ORU!... :clap:

Gotta get out to Norman! Sonny is lucky that ORU is fielding one of their weaker pitching staff's in the Rob Walton era, otherwise he would be in BIG trouble. Regardless, I have no doubt that this team will give OU and either Cal or UNC all they can handle. It will be good to see UNC out in this part of the country. I hear they are having a down year too, but anything can happen. All in all, I think ORU is in a great position. Opportunity knocks.

Gotta get out to Norman! Sonny is lucky that ORU is fielding one of their weaker pitching staff's in the Rob Walton era, otherwise he would be in BIG trouble. Regardless, I have no doubt that this team will give OU and either Cal or UNC all they can handle. It will be good to see UNC out in this part of the country. I hear they are having a down year too, but anything can happen. All in all, I think ORU is in a great position. Opportunity knocks.

Great post, VCB!!

This isn't a bad draw at all for ORU...we avoided all of the top 8 national seeds and are playing less than 100 miles from home where many of our fans and friends can buy tickets and root the team on....plus, it should serve as some motivation having a shot to beat Sunny and the big bad Sooners....Cal and UNC are both beatable this year....if ORU can somehow get a win in game 1.....well, anything could happen..... ;)