Trever Vermeulen

tmh8286

I know, don't feed the troll. But some things are just too stupid not to respond to.

beating up on a bunch of northern schools who could give two craps less about baseball (we have a very large beast called FOOTBALL)

. . .

pushed big time by a northern school who couldn't care less about baseball b/c we are a FCS football power.

Get happy about college baseball.....congrats. But noone cares.

You came over to an opponent's BASEBALL message board at 1 AM Saturday morning to tell us how much you don't care about college baseball? Trust me, I will never be on your board talking about how I don't care about FCS football. You can just figure it out from my absence there.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SDSUJacks

• theeagleman5

• Old Titan

• TrueBlue82

Vermeulen = STIFF....ORU roasted him today...so much for the sub-1.00 ERA..... :P

After watching the guy throw today, not sure how his ERA has stayed under 1.00. Must have been throwing against those FCS schools in the beautiful SD weather.

Donkeylarry, you've forgotten more about baseball than I will ever know, but in my opinion, Vermeulen was asked to do today what hasn't been expected of him all season - to come in as a reliever and pitch multiple innings. The one other time he did that was against WIU, and they lit him up as well. When a team doesn't make it all the way through the order against him they don't have a chance to figure him out. They did today.

Good point, TMH....the kid has been a 1 or 2 inning closer all year...asking him to go 4+ innings was too much....but SDSU was desperate....it didn't pan out for them.....the party is over.... ;)

LOL tmh!! I agree with you 100%. Just had to take a jab while it was there. Would have been different not throwing in a route. Glad to see him on the mound the way we did.

#13!!!!!!

I know, don't feed the troll. But some things are just too stupid not to respond to.

You came over to an opponent's BASEBALL message board at 1 AM Saturday morning to tell us how much you don't care about college baseball? Trust me, I will never be on your board talking about how I don't care about FCS football. You can just figure it out from my absence there.

Lol. Exactly.

Troll angry. Troll run short on material ;(:@

Wonder what happened to SDSUJacks today?....he's probably in some beat up Okie bar sucking down Old Milwaukee like it was water to drown his sorrows..... :P

My scoreboard says we are 3-2 against ORU this year.

SDSU Baseball - Big Ten Champions

They must have made some sort of mistake in the NCAA Regional pairings announced today: Minnesota was awarded a spot in the field of 64.

This despite SDSU being declared the "Big Ten champions" in the above post, presumably due to their early-season victories over the Gophers, and Iowa.

So what's the deal? :rofl:

Of course, in keeping with that sort of ridiculous reasoning, ORU should in fact be the overall #1 seed due to their 1-0 regular season record against Texas.

My point? The regular season is just that: regular. It's the post-season that really matters for the likes of ORU and Minnesota, two teams that are no strangers to NCAA Regional play.

Moral victories (such as mythical regular season "championships" based on some arbitrary list of victims) are for those poor souls who have nothing left to play for.

ORU will be paired up against Big 12 power Oklahoma this Friday....wonder who SDSU is playing?....oh yeah, that's right....they aren't..... :P:P:P

The college world series has more national significance than the fcs football championship. That's just being honest, dude.

FCS attendance dwarfs college baseball. SDSU is 17th in FCS attendance at nerly 14k a game. The top team in baseball last year drew 9,611. SDSU in nearly double that of the 3rd highest drawing baseball program.

The 16 team FCS football playoffs, shown on the ESPN family, do quite well on TV. The baseball stuff doesn't get good numbers until it gets to Omaha.

I would put Little League World Series ratings above the CWS.

No, I care about college baseball...somewhat. But the vast majority of th rest of country could care less. Your average sports fan couldn't tell you diddly-poo about college baseball.

Wonder what happened to SDSUJacks today?....he's probably in some beat up Okie bar sucking down Old Milwaukee like it was water to drown his sorrows..... :P

Again, I don't only show up on here to gloat after wins. In fact, we've had some big wins on you guys since I have joined this board and I didn't show up gloating after ANY of them. Zero. But go back and read you guys comments to me after your wins. But I'm the jerk? You guys kill me. The R in oRu surely doesn't stand for rational.

Or maybe he was spending time w/ his family on Memorial weekend trying to listen to what he could on the radio.

This despite SDSU being declared the "Big Ten champions" in the above post, presumably due to their early-season victories over the Gophers, and Iowa.

My point? The regular season is just that: regular. It's the post-season that really matters for the likes of ORU and Minnesota, two teams that are no strangers to NCAA Regional play.

I get a chuckle out of this since I saw firsthand you guys reaction this year in hoops when you beat New Mexico. Heck, you guys relive your win over Kansas ten years ago on a monthly basis around here.

Post season? You men's team has won how many post season games in 50 years? 2? 3? Zero in the NCAA Tourney. Your baseball team has been to the CWS once...32 years ago. But don't let that stop you from puffing out your chest when the new (D1) kid on the block shows up. I understand. There isn't anywhere else where you guys are taken seriously. You're a very, very distant #4 in your own city and state. I understand the self-esteem issues. Little man syndrome. And what probably really annoys you guys is that the new kid (SDSU) in just our 2nd year of eligibility, are already equal to you guys. Men's basketball, women's basketball and baseball....equal. Oh, and we have this top-20 Division One football program who made the playoffs. A team who draws more to one game than you guys do in 8 years total in baseball. That tips the scale in the direction of the great white north. As one person already said on here...that's just being honest dude.

ORU will be paired up against Big 12 power Oklahoma this Friday....wonder who SDSU is playing?....oh yeah, that's right....they aren't..... :P:P:P

It's okay, I say the same thing when the whole country is buzzing during football season and you guys are.....? You probably switch from 'True Blue" to "Boomer Sooner". Wait til I tell Josh Heupel.

Jenks can beat an FCS playoff school that lost to a Big Ten school in the closing minutes? That put up 50+ on the #1 FCS school? Gotcha.

You would be surprised how many kids SDSU has sent to the NFL. Five kids alone off last years team will be in NFL camps this year.