Summit scores

Parker228

Rabbits win in 11. Need WIU to scratch out one in a big big way. Can't be mad at WIU. We did the same thing up there twice (giving up late leads).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 89rabbit

• ManiacAlum

• theeagleman5

• TrueBlue82

IPFW getting the win today was the big one, still need them to get another... all we need is one from WIU this weekend. They have definitely battled tough this season
If CC wins both tomorrow and we win our single game - don't we win the higher(better) seed by percentage points?

Rabbits win in 11. Need WIU to scratch out one in a big big way. Can't be mad at WIU. We did the same thing up there twice (giving up late leads).

How in the world does SDSU keep winning by pulling rabbits out of the hat???

Ohhh... :rofl:

If CC wins both tomorrow and we win our single game - don't we win the higher(better) seed by percentage points?

Oops, you're absolutely right, I was only looking at the loss column. If WIU picks up a win tomorrow, ORU could really be helped by a team that has played valiantly. They could have easily, and understandably, quit on this season.

It looks to me like we have to win today and SDSU has to lose 1 of their 2 games in order for ORU to get the #1 seed and not have to play either SDSU or Centenary in the 1st game of the tournament next week. Since ORU is 19-8 and has 1 game left and SDSU is 18-8 and has 2 games left, then if we both win our games today, we would each end up 20-8 and SDSU took 3 of 4 from us earlier this year, so I assume they would get the #1 seed, although I assume we would share the Summit League Championship. In order to keep the record of Summit League Championships intact, we simply need to win today, I think.

Avoiding the 1st round matchup with Centenary or SDSU is huge because they will throw their best pitchers in that game if they have to play each other as the #2 and #3 seeds. Go Eagles and Leathernecks!!

It looks to me like we have to win today and SDSU has to lose 1 of their 2 games in order for ORU to get the #1 seed and not have to play either SDSU or Centenary in the 1st game of the tournament next week. Since ORU is 19-8 and has 1 game left and SDSU is 18-8 and has 2 games left, then if we both win our games today, we would each end up 20-8 and SDSU took 3 of 4 from us earlier this year, so I assume they would get the #1 seed, although I assume we would share the Summit League Championship. In order to keep the record of Summit League Championships intact, we simply need to win today, I think.

Avoiding the 1st round matchup with Centenary or SDSU is huge because they will throw their best pitchers in that game if they have to play each other as the #2 and #3 seeds. Go Eagles and Leathernecks!!

Your assessment is correct, Jason. If we win today, we at least clinch a share of the regular season championship; however, if SDSU wins both games today, both teams will be tied at the top of the standings and SDSU will win the #1 seed based on their series win over ORU earlier this season.

When it is all said and done though, we are fortunate to have the chance to win a regular season crown again and a chance to be the #1...we shouldn't be in this spot to begin with. I don't think that this roster is the one that wants to go down as the team that broke the streak. They are playing well right now.

See you at the ballpark!!

From the SDSU website...

The start of Saturday's Summit League baseball doubleheader between Western Illinois and South Dakota State has been pushed back an hour due to wet field conditions.

First pitch is now slated for 1 pm at Erv Huether Field.

With two wins today, the Jackrabbits (36-18, 18-8 Summit) can earn at least a share of the Summit League regular season title and secure the top seed in next week's Summit League Championship in Tulsa, Okla.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the late start, weather conditions, and the lack of lighting at SDSU's field causes there to only be one game (or none) today, and the Jacks finish second by 1/2 game??? I'm assuming that WIU will be heading back to Macomb this evening, and wouldn't stay over to finish the series tomorrow. Could be interesting...

On a related matter, SDSU's ace reliever pitched 3-2/3 innings in the second game yesterday. Do you think his availability will be limited today?

I hope WIU/SDSU play and WIU pulls out a win. They showed a lot of heart yesterday.

I am glad for the Centenary loss, but gotta feel bad for them losing the championship on a rain shortened game.

I hope WIU/SDSU play and WIU pulls out a win. They showed a lot of heart yesterday.

I am glad for the Centenary loss, but gotta feel bad for them losing the championship on a rain shortened game.

I agree with you Mrs. Smith, but I'm also concerned that their heart might be shattered after blowing a 5-0 lead yesterday - and they'll come out flat today. Will remain to be seen.

Teams are on the field warming up. Rain has moved out and it stays light up here until after 9 pm this time of year. We will get our games in. Now all we need is a pair of wins!

TheEagleman thinks that WIU will get one today.....but if not, we can beat Centenary at home....after all, despite all the ORU problems we are undefeated at JLJ this season.... ;)