So what's...

SDSUJacks

the skinny on the ORU basketball off-season? I haven't researched your incoming recruits so a quick recap would be cool.

Quick update on SDSU (for the few who care): We have 4 schollies available after pulling a schollie on one kid, and having 3 more leave (1 was for family, another for injuries and another to get more PT). Arizona State 6'8/235 Sophmore Taylor Rohde has visited SDSU and might soon transfer. Also have an offer out to a 6'2 juco combo-guard and possibly one more out to a 6'10 high school kid. Rohde hasn't done much at ASU but was all-state in Arizona, averaging 29ppg/12rpg in Phoenix his senior year.

If you really care, the recruiting update thread provides a good summation of ORU activity. Thanks for the update on SDSU prospects, although anyone unsigned is just that - a prospect.

Thanks, I'll hve to check it out. I know you guys have 2-4 guys taking off the redshirts too, so that will help. Interested to see what Hunter does.

Also, SDSU missed out on a potential home run recruit. 6'9/240 Cody Larson (4-star recruit, rated 23rd best PF) from Sioux Falls de-commited from Iowa after a coaching change. There was talk that he was interested in SDSU. Instead he got offers from about everybody (Kansas, Ohio St, Indiana, Michigan) and eventually chose Florida, where former South Dakotan Mike Miller played.

I wish he would have chosen Indiana. Coach Crean is one of the few hard-working gentleman left out there committed to doing things the right way. I really want him to do well at Indiana.

I don't know much about Crean, but he seems like a good guy. Larson's AAU director told me that after he verballed to Florida, Coach Dooley from Kansas texted him asking what KU could do to get Larson in for a visit. So he was pretty sought after. Pretty unrealistic for SDSU to think they could land a top-100, 4-star kid.