at IPFW - Game #1 Saturday

Old Titan

As of 9:30 a.m., Game #1 is still on schedule for an 11:00 a.m. first pitch, despite rain throughout the Fort Wayne area this morning.

We should be hearing any time now one way or the other.

I'm still beating myself up after missing the ENTIRE first game, even though I knew about the early start - several distractions caused me to forget about it, and I was working in my garage, listening to the radio the whole time, but not the game. When I finally remembered it again they were between games.

I don't think I've missed a single game this season until yesterday (at least when I was available to listen in) - HOW CAN IT BE THAT I MISSED A RECORD BREAKER???

::::

Game on!!! Yahoo!!

Providing the weather cooperates, should be a double-header, with the seven inning game being played today.

Geoff says the field is soggy but playable. Heavy clouds and heavy wind blowing out - even harder than yesterday, he says.

Let's go EAGLES!!

ORU really needs to get a pair today....Centenary has moved back into first place after winning at SDSU yesterday....could this be the year that somebody actually beats us out for the #1 seed?...sure could happen.... :sweat:

The forecast looks decent thru the afternoon....they should get both games played in Fort Wayne....would sure be nice if we get some pitching....19 runs given up yesterday...who would have believed ORU would score 41 runs in the DH and only get a split.... :geek:

Good start to this game - ORU scored eleven runs in the top of the first; in the top of the fifth it's 13-2. Burleson on the mound, and doing a good job.

It was 15-4 in 7. Almost time for game 2.

Lucky we aren't in Tulsa - it keeps raining on and off.

SDSU beat CC 7-4 in the first game of today's DH. Game 2 starts in about 15 min.

Centenary's loss in game 1 coupled with ORU's game 1 win puts us back in first....the good guys need to press the pedal down and get a sweep today....that will make the bus ride home a lot more fun....56 runs so far in 3 games this weekend....holy moly!.... :clap:

ORU sweeps today to move back in front of Centenary for first place in the Summit....15-4 and then 13-5 in the nightcap.....ORU scores 69 runs in the four game series....that HAS to be a Summit League record....the bats were really hot as the good guys hit .467 for the weekend....incredible....we're gonna need more of that the next two weekends vs. our two main contenders, Centenary and SDSU....but congrats to the Eagles for winning 3 of 4 on the road in Ft. Wayne this weekend..... :clap:

Although I'm glad that we won the series this weekend, I can't help but shake my head that we lost a game this weekend. If you had told me that we would outscore our opponent 69-28 this weekend, I would have never guessed that we would have been anything other than 4-0 over the series.

This team puzzles me. The inconsistency reminds me of a team that is still in the first few weeks of the season - and yet we're into May. Understandably the weather (primarily wind) played havoc with the teams this weekend, but both teams were handicapped by that. I don't know that the weather should have evened the playing field so much for a team like IPFW.

We need to be as focused for IPFW as we are for Wichita State or Texas. Let's hope we get there soon.

Well said, Bogus....this ORU team is certainly unpredictable....who knows what the month of May will bring..... :worried::sweat::worried:

Wouldn't surprise me - well, maybe a little - if this team doesn't in fact go to the College World Series.

It would be in complete keeping with their unpredictability. They seem to thrive in doing what we don't expect - so I'm going to start saving gas money for the trip to Omaha!! ;)

Love your optimism, tmh....if ORU gets to the CWS....TheEagleman will pay for your gas to omaha..... ;)