Oral Roberts Takes Summit League Men’s Tennis Championship

Bogus Smith

ORU takes another team championship and make the NCAA tournament. Women's tennis lost in the last set from going to the NCAA Tennis Tournament yesterday as well. Congratulations to both teams...good luck men in the next stop.

Oral Roberts Takes Summit League Men’s Tennis Championship

TULSA, Okla. - Third-seeded Oral Roberts (7-8) upset top-seeded UMKC (17-7), 4-2, to claim The Summit League Men's Tennis Championship Saturday evening at the Shadow Mountain Racquet Club. The victory marked the third league crown in the past four seasons for the Golden Eagles and the school's ninth men's tennis tournament title overall.

Oral Roberts gained the early advantage by claiming the doubles point behind wins from the duo of Trukshanin/Sobolta at No. 1 and the tandem of Beslic/Suslov at No. 2.

With the onset of singles play, UMKC rallied to take a 2-1 lead when Erwin Quintanilla won at No. 6 and Abdulrahman Alawadhi was victorious at No. 5.

Oral Roberts Takes Summit League Men's Tennis Championship

Photo Gallery

Congrats to the ORU men winning the tennis title as the 3rd seed over heavily favored UMKC.....quite an accomplishment!....sounds like the ORU ladies also gave it a good run before falling just short....True Blue ORU!.... :clap:

I add my congratulations for the tennis team.

Anywhere we can win I'm for!