Jerry Sullivan

Irish333

Hello all!

I just read an article on Jerry on Madfriars.com. The short season Coach Greg Riddoch said that they gave Jerry the nickname, "Franchise". Apparently everyone gets a nickname.

Jerry is improving everyday. I'll keep everyone posted as the season progresses.

Irish

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

Jerry is scheduled to start the second game of the season for the Fort Wayne Tincaps. www.tincaps.com.

The game will be broadcast on the radio this Friday on the tincaps web site.

We are going out to Fort Wayne to see him pitch! It will be only the 3rd time we have seen him pitch since high school!

God's blessings to all!.

Irish

Hello Everyone!

Jerry is scheduled to start the second game of the season for the Fort Wayne Tincaps. http://www.tincaps.com.

The game will be broadcast on the radio this Friday on the tincaps web site.

We are going out to Fort Wayne to see him pitch! It will be only the 3rd time we have seen him pitch since high school!

God's blessings to all!.

Irish

Great, Irish!! Enjoy your trip. Keep us posted how Jerry is doing!

We all love Jerry Sullivan....hope to see him in the majors some day soon!.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a link to the web site of Jerry's team, the Tin Foil Hats!! JK - the Ft. Wayne TinCaps:

"Official Site of the Fort Wayne TinCaps"

Looks like Jerry is off to a great early season. He's started four games, has the second-most innings pitched on the team, and has one of the lowest WHIP stats (I had to look it up - walks plus hits per inning pitched) of the starters on the team.

Way to go Jerry! You're making us proud! :clap::clap:

(Thanks SF for the link! ;) )

• 3 months later...

Hey Irish....I see that your son Jerry is 7-4 so far this season....overall, how has he been pitching?.... :geek:

Here is Jerry's stat line with the Tin Caps. You can probably come to your own conclusions once you read through them. Looks like it's been a challenging season for Jerry.

He made the all-star team, however, the stats indicate that he has struggled during July - I wonder if he is injured and is attempting to pitch anyway?

• 2 months later...

Well.....no injuries.... the Padres have a philosophy of reducing the number of innings pitched during July and then gradually build up the innings again in August and September. Jerry actually pitched very well. The shortstop and third basemen are very young players from the DR and they are growing into their positions. They committed more than 80 errors between the two of them. In the games that I attended, there were a few inning ending double play grounders that were played for only the sure out at first. He easily could have reached 12, 13 or 14 wins. There were a lot of no decisions. That's going to happen at this level. He was the starter at the All Star Game and recorded two strikeouts and eventually got the W as the East beat the West. I no longer have fingernails..... just knuckles!

Can't wait for the winter to be over! Go Golden Eagles!!!