JEREMY HEFNER

Irish333

Nice outing for Jeremy tonight. Posted six strong innings as the starter against the Phillies, giving up 3 runs, striking out 4 and walking none. And, he helped his own cause by smacking his first MLB homerun (a solo shot)! Left the game with a 6-3 lead - game now in a rain delay.

This performance should strengthen Hef's position in the Mets rotation. Let's hope he stays at the MLB level for a long time...

• Upvote 1

Nice outing for Jeremy tonight. Posted six strong innings as the starter against the Phillies, giving up 3 runs, striking out 4 and walking none. And, he helped his own cause by smacking his first MLB homerun (a solo shot)! Left the game with a 6-3 lead - game now in a rain delay.

This performance should strengthen Hef's position in the Mets rotation. Let's hope he stays at the MLB level for a long time...

Good thing that Jeremy was removed BEFORE the rain delay. He's going to get a reputation for bringing on bad weather if he keeps this up. :?:

Good to see Hef have some success. I agree that he helped his MLB stock with tonight's performance. Glad that the coach had enough foresight to give him another start in light of his coming back in from a rain delay last game.

Nice job by Hefner....TheEagleman watched most of it.....the pitched out of trouble all night and the Phillies hitting with men in scoring position was pathetic.........the Mets?...Ptooooey!!!..... :puke: :puke: :puke:

Hefner is pitching against the Nats on Wednesday - in place of Santana.

Link

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=MLB&id=5801&line=364506&spln=1

Jeremy Hefner allowed four runs (three earned) on seven hits in six innings of Wednesday's loss to the Nats. He struck out three and walked one. The rookie righty managed to settle down after serving up a three-run bomb to Adam LaRoche in the first. With Miguel Batista and Chris Young both back in the Mets rotation, it's unclear if Hefner will be called on to make another start. Either way, he's off the NL-only league radar

• 4 weeks later...

Hefner pitched 1.1 innings of relief for the Mets today vs. the Phillies at sweltering Citi Field in NYC....unfortunately for Jeremy...he got lit up for 5 hits and 3 runs and the last place Phils broke their six game losing streak with a 9-2 win in the 95 degree heat.....TheEagleman thinks that the Mets losing is never a bad thing...... ;-)

Have gone to 4 Mets games this year....unable to get a glimpse of Jeremy! Really NICE TO SEE HIM BEAT UP ON THE PHILLIES!!! HAHAHAHA EAGLEMAN!

Seems he just has to get it together.....there could be a future there for him!

Irish

Kicking TheEagleman while he's down, eh Irish?....lol.....it's been a tough year hear in Philly.....we are pretty much done for 2012....changes have to be made for 2013....so I will suck it up and root for Hefner except when he's pitching vs. my boys.....how is your boy doing?.... :nerd:

Not too bad lately.....they've moved him from the rotation to the pen. He has added a splitter, apparently they are very happy with that. Time will tell....He is very happy with the pitch. I was just talking to him yesterday via Tango and I brought up Chappy, we both hope that he is able to take it to the next level! I would love for the Yanks to get Cole Hammel, but I think they want to stay under the 189 cap to avoid the lux tax. I go to Mets games because it's easier to get a ticket! hahaha! Take care...keep in touch!

Cole Hamels to the Yankees?....I guess it's possible but the Dodgers are a more likely destination when he hits the free agent market in November....he's a west coast kid.....the Phillies are still trying to cut a deal but rumors are he and his agent want at least 6 maybe 7 seasons at $25 mill per.....you do the math....that's a lot of coin......I would NEVER give a pitcher that many years......if the Phils can't sign him and feel there is little chance to do so after the season....look for them to deal Hamels for prospects by the July 31 deadline.....they can't just let him walk and take a draft pick.......can they?...... :nerd:

• 2 months later...

Not what you want to see:

RT @ESPNStatsInfo: Jeremy Hefner is the 1st Mets starting pitcher to allow at least 6 earned runs without recording a single out in franchise history.

TheEagleman watched the first inning of this game while on vacation at the Jersey Shore....Hefner faced seven batters and gave up 6 singles and a walk....it sounds awful but only two balls were hit hard...four of the singles were flairs or bloops that fell in between the outfielders....still, it was a tough night for the ORU alum and the Mets....the Phillies went on to beat the stinkin' Mets by 16-1..... :clap:

• 8 months later...

Hefner wins his first game of the season at Yankee Stadium last night 9-3.....Jeremy goes 6 innings and gives up 3 runs......he is now 1-5 with a 4.74 ERA......too bad that the Mets stink...... :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Hefner starts this Friday night here in Philadelphia vs. the Phillies.....hate to see a fellow ORU alum take it on the chin but hoping that the sight of Jeremy will help the Phils break out of a season long batting slump..... :nerd:

Hefner out pitched Cole Hamels (now 2-11) tonight and gets his 2nd win of the season...nice job by the ex-ORU pitcher as he went 6 innings giving up just two earned runs in the 4-3 Mets victory....unfortunately, the Phillies stink this season....lots of changes are needed...the Mets are even worse...... :nerd: