Olympic Hockey

ron

All the pressure is on the Canadians today....good luck against our goalie Miller....you're gonna need it.....USA hasn't won Gold since the 1980 Miracle on Ice....Do you still believe in miracles?...YESSSSS!......USA 3 Canada 2....have another Labatts Blue...... ;)

This game is too important to have my senses numbed watching it! I'm at home watching it with two of my boys. I'm looking for Canada to win 4-2.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ron

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• Cletus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never say die, USA!....we're still in it at 2-1 vs. the big bad Canadian All Star team!..... ;)

OT, BABY!!!...USA!!!....TheEagleman believes in Miracles!.... ;)

4 on 4 is absurd.....advantage Canada....oh well, the Americans played their hearts out today...as far as TheEagleman is concerned, the series is 1-1....the should play a rubber match tomorrow or share the Gold..... :(

4 on 4 is absurd.....advantage Canada....oh well, the Americans played their hearts out today...as far as TheEagleman is concerned, the series is 1-1....the should play a rubber match tomorrow or share the Gold..... :(

Agreed, Eagleman.

I'm okay losing the gold to Canada, though. True friends of the USA. And closer to home, friends of ORU.

Wow, that may have been about the 10th complete hockey game I've ever watched, but pretty awesome game even though the US lost. Someone said that over 70% of Canada would be tuned in to the game :o

Maybe...but Sidney Crosby is a punk.... :P

Maybe...but Sidney Crosby is a punk.... :P

Why do you say that, Eagleman? Was he talking to other players during the game? That's the standing definition these days. Was he talking??? ;)

The US played their hearts out this afternoon. It was pretty scary to go into overtime and sudden-death. Kudos to Team USA!

Good showing for USA Hockey. Miller was by far the best goalie in the tournament. It really shows what a good goaltender does for a team; similar to what good pitching can do for a baseball club.

Is it the start of a trend for USA Hockey or is it just something we do every 20 years or so (1960, 1980, 2010)? I think USA will be back since we were by far the youngest team in the tournament field.

I agree with going 4 on 4 in the OT. It allows teams to go man instead of zone... I think the thinking is to not have a medal decided in a shoot-out.

The NHL should really consider going to the Olympic format ... (3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for a overtime/shootout win, 1 point for a loss). A lot less complicated and would draw in more fans.

----------------------------------------------

Happy for Ron and all the Canadians. It must have been loud in MTS Centre when Toews scored! :up:

Go to Daly Burger on Corydon and celebrate for me.

post-2-12989163741025_thumb.jpg

Good showing for USA Hockey. Miller was by far the best goalie in the tournament. It really shows what a good goaltender does for a team; similar to what good pitching can do for a baseball club.

Is it the start of a trend for USA Hockey or is it just something we do every 20 years or so (1960, 1980, 2010)? I think USA will be back since we were by far the youngest team in the tournament field.

I agree with going 4 on 4 in the OT. It allows teams to go man instead of zone... I think the thinking is to not have a medal decided in a shoot-out.

The NHL should really consider going to the Olympic format ... (3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for a overtime/shootout win, 1 point for a loss). A lot less complicated and would draw in more fans.

----------------------------------------------

Happy for Ron and all the Canadians. It must have been loud in MTS Centre when Toews scored! :up:

Go to Daly Burger on Corydon and celebrate for me.

[attachment=0]poutine.JPG[/attachment]

Doc, Canada is celebrating today like nobody's business! This is a historical win to and an exclamation mark on a phenomenal Olympics for Canada. It will be remembered for generations. Hockey defines us as a country. We stand for much more than that, but hockey is sown into the fabric. Everybody probably owns 2 more Canadian flags! Sid the Kid scoring the winning gold was icing on the cake. Jonathan Toews, one of the standouts for Canada, is a Winnipeg lad. Canada is pumped. I am pumped!

I'll check out the burgers at Daly as part of my celebration in the next few days. Congratulations to those in the family that were cheering for Canada. ;)

We'll be in celebration mode for the next few days at least, so there's no hurry on the burger.

Congrats to Team Canada tonight....still, the USA deserved a better fate....could have gone either way.....TheEagleman unfortunately has to watch a lot of Sidney Crosby because the Penguins are in our division....a tremendously talented player but no balls....he's a prima donna....and certainly no Mario LeMieux or Wayne Gretzky....still, this is not the day to pick on Sid....enjoy your gold medal...we are proud of the USA and our silver....nobody thought we'd even make the semi-finals this year.... :clap::clap::clap:

Wow, that may have been about the 10th complete hockey game I've ever watched, but pretty awesome game even though the US lost. Someone said that over 70% of Canada would be tuned in to the game :o

That could in fact be. I assume we'll hear some more numbers in the next few days. I'll keep you posted. It'll be hard not having as many sports to watch in the next few days. Good thing that the baseball season has started.

Congrats to Team Canada tonight....still, the USA deserved a better fate....could have gone either way.....TheEagleman unfortunately has to watch a lot of Sidney Crosby because the Penguins are in our division....a tremendously talented player but no balls....he's a prima donna....and certainly no Mario LeMieux or Wayne Gretzky....still, this is not the day to pick on Sid....enjoy your gold medal...we are proud of the USA and our silver....nobody thought we'd even make the semi-finals this year.... :clap::clap::clap:

If you're not a Penguins fan in your neck of the woods, I can certainly understand you having difficulty with Crosby. ;) Your only reasonable solution is to switch allegiances. :-P I don't know him personally, but his public demeanour has been exemplary up here. (You're right, not a good day to pick on Sid).

Ron, many of us were for team USA but only have admiration and respect for Sid Crosby.

Team Canada won fair and square and that's what really counts in life.

No unsportsmanlike comments coming from me about Crosby.

He's one of the best and now everyone knows it!

Pittsburgh Penguins fans know it for sure!

Sorry, Ron....But TheEagleman is a Flyers fan....so perhaps you can understand why I have no love for that punkA$$ Sidney Crosby....honestly, he had a horrible Olympics and seemed to be on the ice for almost every goal scored against Canada.....he was fortunate that Ryan Miller opened up the pads a little and the puck got through on that game winner...not the best goal that Miller gave up in Vancouver....still, I understand that Sidney is the toast of Canada today....enjoy it....that was a game you had to win or bridges would have been overloaded with jumping Canucks last night....we Americans are disappointed but not upset with the performance of our overachieving hockey team....they played hard....we are proud of the effort and the way we played against a team of NHL All Stars.....there were at least 3 or 4 teams that had all around better talent than the USA at Vancouver.....but Miller stood on his head and our boys outworked everybody.....I still say the series in 1-1 and they should have played a rubber game today....even if it was on some frozen pond in Alberta.....I would have liked the American's chances.... ;)