• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ron

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• Cletus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess the 70 percent was a conservative estimate... now the report is 80%. I wonder if that includes all the people packed into bars?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312025

I actually heard 82% today. I don't know how they figure those numbers out but I do know that my father and mother who never pay attention to things sport were watching the game. That makes that number believable in my eyes.

I loved the commercials that we had up here during the Olympics. They were very creative and well done. I guess they ended up getting the exposure that they wanted if the commercials aired during the game. I imagine too though that a lot of people were busy emptying their bladders during the commercial breaks. :tmi::$

Sorry, Ron....But TheEagleman is a Flyers fan....so perhaps you can understand why I have no love for that punkA$$ Sidney Crosby....honestly, he had a horrible Olympics and seemed to be on the ice for almost every goal scored against Canada.....he was fortunate that Ryan Miller opened up the pads a little and the puck got through on that game winner...not the best goal that Miller gave up in Vancouver....still, I understand that Sidney is the toast of Canada today....enjoy it....that was a game you had to win or bridges would have been overloaded with jumping Canucks last night....we Americans are disappointed but not upset with the performance of our overachieving hockey team....they played hard....we are proud of the effort and the way we played against a team of NHL All Stars.....there were at least 3 or 4 teams that had all around better talent than the USA at Vancouver.....but Miller stood on his head and our boys outworked everybody.....I still say the series in 1-1 and they should have played a rubber game today....even if it was on some frozen pond in Alberta.....I would have liked the American's chances.... ;)

In the seven games that we played he scored two game-winners. The first was in a shoot-out against Switzerland. Losing that game, all other things being equal, would have meant an exit from competition before the playoff round. The second goal is the one that will be remembered up here as the one that beat the hottest goalie in the 2010 Olympics in sudden death overtime. When the game (season, Cup, medal . . .) is on the line call in Sid. I won't even go into the other "little things" that he did, because if you're not convinced now, you must be a Flyers fan. :lol:;)

Ron, Sid the Kid is the man of the hour!

Stanley Cup Winner, too.

Congratulations to Team Canada!

Sidney Crosby has great skills but sorry....he plays like a girl....he's a diving little weasel always trying to get tripping and hooking calls....Malkin is a better all-around hockey player on that Pittsburgh team....yeah, I know Crosby gets all the press and he's tremendous with the puck....but he's not TheEagleman's kind of hockey player...would never make it here in Philly.....plus, he looks too much like Freddy Mercury.....and plays like him, too.... ;)

Here's what Malkin says about Sid, before the Stanley Cup Playoffs

Pittsburgh Tribune, June 12, 2009

A man of few comments throughout the Stanley Cup Final, Penguins center Evgeni Malkin acknowledged Thursday that one picture would be worth a thousand words.

"I think about it a lot, especially these last (two) weeks," he said, smiling before finishing the sentence. "It's my dream. Me and Sid, just like that."

That is a photo Malkin has seen in several spots at Mellon Arena during his three years in Pittsburgh. The shot is of former Penguins stars Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr smiling as they grip the Stanley Cup from opposite sides.

Malkin, whose disappointing Final performance last season (one goal, three points) remains an unhealed wound, decided before this series to let nothing distract him.

He has rarely spoken to North American media.

Teammate and Penguins captain Sidney Crosby hasn't allowed the thought of touching the Cup to enter his head, and he doesn't believe the Penguins' fate tonight is tied to just him and Malkin.

"There might be a sense of responsibility," he said, "but everybody feels a part of that."

Penguins center Jordan Staal, whose goals helped the Penguins win Games 4 and 6 at home, said players constantly remind Malkin and Crosby that "they can't do it all themselves."

Crosby, who has never gone three consecutive playoff games in one postseason without a point, doesn't believe he and Malkin are due so much as they will be rewarded for consistently getting chances.

"In Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final you've got to trust all those habits," Crosby said. "All the work that you've put it in, that's when it pays off."

It's about teamwork and that's what sports are all about!! It's not just about one player. :up: