Recruiting Update (2010)

ORUTerry

I talked to Kyron yesterday (who btw just had surgery on Monday to take care of a bone spur problem) and he was able to play with C.J. the other weekend when all the recruits were in. He was very impressed to say the least. I asked him if anyone else impressed him and he couldn't even remember the other players names. He said he was a solid power forward that had a nice 15 foot jumper.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He said he was a solid power forward that had a nice 15 foot jumper.

Sounds like Kyron was talking about me.

Sounds like Kyron was talking about me.

Yeah, but in the part where he said "he couldn't even remember the other players' names". :lol:

Yeah, but in the part where he said "he couldn't even remember the other players' names". :lol:

ahhahah gotcha lol

Chris Washington: Really feelin it out here, could be a Murray State Racer

Yesterday at 8:54pm

Via Facebook

Here's hoping CJ doesn't do anything rash - like committing - before coming back to Oklahoma to decide

Not good that Murray State is the last school he is visiting. From their message board, they got a commitment from another post player (6'9" juco player with 3 years eligibility remaining). They also state that they are now stacked with post players. Wonder if CJ knows this?

The spring signing period begins Wednesday, April 11. It will be interesting to see if we pick up any "early" signees this week, or whether we follow the "diamond in the rough" approach in May (or, hopefully, some of each)!

Yeah, hopefully CJ is intelligent enough to see that he would get much more PT at ORU than Murray State.....would be a shame to lose a kid with this kind of talent....but Murray can strut around with that big NCAA upset win over Vandy....that always helps... :worried:

No news is good news in regards to CJ Washington? At least for now.......

The spring signing period begins Wednesday, April 11. It will be interesting to see if we pick up any "early" signees this week, or whether we follow the "diamond in the rough" approach in May (or, hopefully, some of each)!

Wednesday is the 14th, but I get your drift: it's close.

Nothing yet on the Murray State message board about a commitment from Washington, which I suppose is good news.

Wonder what his Facebook or Twitter accounts are saying...

It appears now that Washington may not commit any time soon to Murray State or ORU; that he might take at least one more visit to another unspecified school, and that he might not sign an LOI until later in the signing period (mid May? late May?).

Hopefully, the longer he has to think about it, the more he will come to realize there's no better place for him than ORU in terms of immediate and substantial playing time, close to home and family in Stringtown, with a stable and respected coaching staff that isn't going anywhere in the next couple of years.

Not sure whether ORU will have anyone definitive to announce this week or not... :sweat:

Chris Washington: Really feelin it out here, could be a Murray State Racer

Yesterday at 8:54pm

Via Facebook

this was his only comments on facebook

Mayberry Opts to Play JUCO Basketball

Created: Apr 9, 2010 at 7:46 AM CDT

(Story Updated: Apr 12, 2010 at 12:12 PM CDT )

April 9, 2010

John Paul II basketball star Triton "Tank" Mayberry announced his college plans on Thursday. After weighing several Division I offers, the 6-11 post player will head to Corsicana and Navarro Junior College next fall..... (Corsicana is in Texas)

Link

aw ok, on his facebook they were talking about Canada, I thought that was were it was at...good find...guess he didnt hav the grades for D1