Elbow injury sidelines Luper - TW (12-22-2009)

ORUTerry

20091222_luper_package.jpg

Kevi Luper

(excerpt)

By Eric Bolin World Correspondent

Published: 12/22/2009 9:55 PM

Last Modified: 12/22/2009 10:26 PM

STILLWATER — Oral Roberts freshman guard Kevi Luper will miss the next two weeks after injuring her elbow during a team scrimmage Monday.

Golden Eagles coach Jerry Finkbeiner kept the star guard from Adair out of the game, much to the surprise of everyone in attendance, during Tuesday night’s loss to Oklahoma State.

Finkbeiner said he thinks Luper should return fully healthy in the new year. “We’re expecting her to be in our conference openers in the Dakotas in January,” the coach said.

Luper, the nation’s leading scorer in Division I women’s basketball, has a grade-three sprain and a torn bursa sac from her elbow banging into the gym floor.............

Link to Tulsa World Sports

Did we have these any injuries when Smitty was our trainer?

Most of the injury's this year were practice injuries. Now i don't know exactly what a trainer does, but this seems like a fair question. Probably has nothing todo with it, but makes you wonder.

I would think strength and conditioning has more to do with the injuries than the trainer, and I think we have the same S&C coaching staff as in the past. I will admit, I wondered what was going on when we had the 2 ACL's in the same day. I doubt even Smitty could have had an impact on Kevi's injury if she sprained it smacking the floor from a fall. Just glad she will only be out for ten days. That is a real blessing.

Too bad she's hurt, but good to know she won't be out long. I haven't followed ORU womens BB for a couple years ago, but did a double take when I saw that an ORU freshman was leading the nation in scoring and steals per game!

Haven't seen her play, but with her shooting and rebounding ability (amazing to have a 5'10" guard for a change!), she sounds kinda like a turbo version of Krista Ragan, if that's even possible.

oh my....gonna miss her for 2 weeks..... :inlove::inlove::inlove:

I hate to see anyone get injured. I hope she is up to full speed when your teams head up our way.

Thanks, Jack. As a basketball offianado, I believe you will enjoy watching her play. She's a petite, attractive young lady, but when she takes the court she has a fire that you rarely seen in women's basketball. Truly a pleasure to watch.

Thanks, Jack. As a basketball offianado, I believe you will enjoy watching her play. She's a petite, attractive young lady, but when she takes the court she has a fire that you rarely seen in women's basketball. Truly a pleasure to watch.

Since I live between 350 and 400 miles from Brookings I will be watching on the computer video feed from thesummitleague.com. I make no predictions for games but I am hoping that it will be a good one. Perhaps there will be a few posts, hopefully friendly, during and after the game. Until then, good day.

I will be in Frost Arena tonight and am looking forward to another great game between our two schools. I am glad that Ms. Luper will be playing.

ORU needs a big game from Kevi tonight to have a shot.....TheEagleman is looking for 30+ from his favorite lady Eagle.... :inlove::inlove::inlove: