Chancellor Roberts

titansforever

I thought Roberta did an amazing job. I had never heard her speak before, and was very impressed with her vulnerability and candor. She maintained great poise throughout her memories as well. The video was done by ORU graduate, Dan Rubottom. It was supposedly 2 years in the making. Dan has done a few music videos for country music stars Rascal Flatts, as well as a lot of work for Lakewood Church in Houston. I think he did the opening for their telecast as well. It was great seeing so many alums come back to honor Oral's life with their presence and skills. I hope that they will make an even greater effort to reconnect with the university under it's new leadership and direction.

The video was pretty incredible. While watching it I was thinking, there must be a thousand or more bits and pieces all put together in an artful manner. I had wondered how long it took to do that - I'm not surprised at the two year time line.

I wonder if they'll make that available for purchase or anything. I think it would be nice to get copies for family members that would be interested but were not able to attend the service.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• Cletus

• titansforever

TheEagleman just watched highlights of the memorial service from Mabee Center on The Hour of Healing....enjoyed listening to Roberta and her recount the last few days of Oral's life...it has been years since I have seen her.....Richard was...well, he was Richard.....not the time or the place to take another shot at him.....I am sure OR is up in heaven now and singing praises to the Lord.....I will miss him but look forward to seeing him someday.....but not yet.... :)

Thanks for video orusenior. Was glad to watch it again knowing more of what was coming.

It was a great pictorial review of the life of OR!

This is my first time back on your board in a while. I wanted to express my deepest sympathy to the Roberts family and ORU. Please accept my condolences for your loss.

• 1 month later...

Was OR buried in Tulsa or Palm Springs???

I understand students and alumni will pay tribute to Chancellor Roberts during the Homecoming Chapel on Friday at 11:00 a.m. in Christ Chapel. Dr. James Buskirk will be the featured speaker. Perhaps some of you could joIn us.

I understand students and alumni will pay tribute to Chancellor Roberts during the Homecoming Chapel on Friday at 11:00 a.m. in Christ Chapel. Dr. James Buskirk will be the featured speaker. Perhaps some of you could joIn us.

We will have several in town for homecoming this weekend, and I think the plan is for everyone to head over for chapel. I was debating about joining them, but with Buskirk speaking and Oral Roberts being honored, I think I'll go.

Thanks for the heads up, count!

Can this chapel with Buskirk be watched live on the internet?

Yes.

http://www.oru.edu/chapel_services/

Hope I'm right about Buskirk in chapel and Oral's tribute. That was announced way back in January at first chapel this semester, but have heard nothing about it recently. Just hope it is still true.

:D

It is still true, ttown. And they're going to show the OR video that Dan Rubottom created. I think the students will be blown away by it!

It is still true, ttown. And they're going to show the OR video that Dan Rubottom created. I think the students will be blown away by it!

I figured so ... was hoping so. I'm anxious to see it again.