"Big Five" Intersectional Match-Ups Tonight

Old Titan

In a rare alignment of the stars in local basketball scheduling, OU hosts Arkansas tonight in Norman, while Oklahoma State invades the Reynolds Center to take on Tulsa.

Fascinating prospects in the Hogs-Sooners match-up: OU can't defend the "3", and Rotnei Clarke can't miss them. Still, it's Arkansas' first true road game, and they can't even win in Fayetteville. RC goes for 40+ in wild, up-and-down affair: OU 96, Arkansas 84.

Meanwhile, it's a clash of contrasting offensive styles as OSU plays it's first game on an opponent's home floor at TU. Cowboys' quickness and non-stop pressure expose slow-footed Hurricane starters: OSU 80, Tulsa 74.

Be interesting to see the Clarke and Warren matchup and see who gets the most shots up.

My guess is, if they're guarding each other, there'll be about as much defense played as a "Team Texas" AAU tournament game. :lol:

OT,

Saw a few of those games and you are right and not much defense in those games.

I think both games will be interesting and i do think OSU handles Tulsa tonight.

TU's Jordan swatting everything in sight, TU pounding the boards and actually out-running OSU, up 42-28 near halftime.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma, with a late surge, leads Arkansas near the half in a low-scoring affair, 28-27. Clarke 0-for-3 from behind the arc.

Can I pick 'em, or what? :P

That's why I don't bet money anymore...

TU spanks OSU by 21 - EVERYTHING was cooking for the Golden Hurricane, and OSU looked totally intimidated in their first true road game.

OU pulls away from Arkansas, 67-47. Clarke held to just 11 points and one 3-pointer. Long year already for the Piggies.

TU looks pretty tough at Reynolds....too bad for them that they play us at Mabee...... ;)

Good Call Darrenj. LOL!

Feel free to venture a prediction on here some time BEFORE a game, Big Daddy...

For example, after their beatdown of Oakland the other night, how are your Memphis Tigers going to fare this year against said Golden Hurricane?

No joke Voice! I wasn't even close on that one! Oh well!

From what everyone is saying Tulsa played great last night and i'm not sure what to think of OSU this year.

OT, You are right as it is going to be a long year for the Hogs!!