NSU Recap...

ORUTerry

First Half - good

Second Half - bad

Golden Eagles win by 11, 76 to 65....

That about sums it up. In the first half we showed a lot of energy and got up as much as 27 points. At half time we were up by 22. In the second half we thought we could sleep walk through the rest of the game - but someone forgot to tell the NSU players to stop playing. We got very lazy on defense and lethargic on offense. Someone make an entry pass into Caleb Green!!!! Coach took the starters out after about 5 minutes or so and really chewed on them. The second team didn't do much better. I'll have more to say later...

Thanks, especially the ones wielding deadly weapons.

Looking over the box score, I think the biggest positive was that we shot the ball well in the first half (especially from the outside) and committed only 8 turnovers on the game.

Hope they're ready for Utah State. I think they probably will be.

These games are not a true reflection of the team because the starters are not playing their full minutes, bench players are playing enhanced minutes and.... I don't think we showed much, if any, of our offense. The lack of defensive intensity was disconcerting in the second half. Sutton called it pathetic in his post-game show. He was giving the team a tongue lashing at one of the timeouts - and I'm sure he will have something to say at practice this week.

NSU played a motion offense with lots of screens and back cuts. They used some moving screens (not called) and were somewhat physical. Not a bad team for D-2. We gave them way too many open looks in the second half.

Here is the boxscore.....

http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/doc_lib/ORU%20vs%20NSU%20Box%20Score.pdf

Other notes:

Ehambe did not dress out.... he sat at the end of the bench with Adam Liberty. Daren Jordan did not play; Spicer only played for about 3 minutes.

Any idea why Ehambe and Jordan did not play (Liberty, I can understand)? I was hoping our freshman point guard would get some minutes before sitting for a year.

Also, it appears from the stats that our rebounding (especially offensive) was substandard. Only one OffReb from a non-starter in all those minutes of action!

Utah State lost to EA Sports tonight....

Story

http://utahstateaggies.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111205aaa.html

Stats

http://utahstateaggies.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2005-2006/usuex2.html

EA Sports appears to be a very good traveling squad (I thought these were stopped by the NCAA?). They beat Iowa State by 7 and lost to Kansas State (7), Creighton (7), Providence (2) and LSU (20)

Utah State lost to EA Sports tonight....

http://utahstateaggies.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/111205aaa.html

EA Sports appears to be a very good traveling squad (I thought these were stopped by the NCAA?). They beat Iowa State by 7 and lost to Kansas State (7), Creighton (7), Providence (2) and LSU (20)

Looks like they played their starters an average of 25 minutes - their leading scorer came off of the bench. You can't tell much about this team from an exhibition game - but the 4-16 from beyond the arc is suspect.

Adder...that signature of yours is the geekiest, yet coolest thing I've seen all night. Long live UCOV and the legend of the Desert Fox...

Scott said on the post game interview that he told the guys that if we play Utah State like we played NSU we would lose by 20 points! He also said that Utah State is the best team that has come to play in the Mabee Center in about 7 years.

I only caught the second half of the game and it almost made me sick. JB is not himself on the floor. Ken seemed quiet and nobody was getting Caleb the ball. Sounds like Mickey had a good first half, but in the half i saw we couldn't stop the drive and so he picked up some cheap fouls. Chello is playing better every game. i would like to see him more in the rotation with the starters. Fowlkes had an ok half, but really proved my point that he can't bring the ball up the floor under pressure. Scott said that they would send a message to the team this week in practice. Doesn't sound like fun.

Long live UCOV and the legend of the Desert Fox...

... Fountain of wisdom

Guest itsallabouttheflow

Moses is redshirting. In order for him to redshirt, he could not suit up for tonight's exhibition game. His choice, and a good one for his (and the team's) future, I believe.

Mo is probably redshirting, but he could have played tonight if he had wanted to. He didn't want to because he is still deciding, and he didn't want the possibility of having a good game tonight to affect his decision, he wanted it to be well thought through and not emotional. Mo is realizing that he would likely only get mop-up minutes and he realizes that it would likely be a waste of a year and he is very confident that he is a good player, so he doesn't want to waste his playing time. But anyways, he could have played tonight if he wanted and still have redshirted.

... Fountain of wisdom

lol, someday I will have to bestow some wisdom upon the board.

And yes, I made the sig today in my spare time, the consequences of my weekend plans going down the toilet.