Loyola vs. ORU

theeagleman5

Another tough loss today vs. Loyola....2-1...hopefully, the boys can rebound this week..... :(

truly a disappointing weekend for the men...

I was cautiously optimistic about this year's team, however, I continue to go back to one thing, which is the problem...coaching! I know that soccer is way under the radar at ORU, however, as a fan and contributing alumni with a vested interest, forcing a coaching change would be in the best interest of ORU!

Expectations are high and well within reason...how long are we going to continue to allow mediocrity and accepting underperforming...?

What's the problem with the soccer coaching and why is the Mike Carter and the administration oblivious to it?......TheEagleman and others want to know.... :worried:

In my honest opinion, the article that was in the Tulsa World a couple of months ago regarding the Athletic Department and how they allocate their resources towards the revenue generating sports (basketball and baseball) says it all...I just don't think they really care about the success of the lower tier programs...it's kind of like their supporting the bare minimum just to satisfy NCAA requirements. With that being said, I do understand that the university has put a lot into improving the soccer stadium...

I guess what bums me out the most is that ORU should be a regional power in men's soccer...especially with the international influence. I just see no reason why the men's team can't consistently be one of the top 10 teams in the region. When things become stagnant, sometimes change is the best thing. At the end of the day, knowing the current coach, I wonder how much the players respond to the guy...

Interesting stuff, boys....TheEagleman also cannot understand why ORU Athletics wouldn't spend a few bucks on a sport that doesn't cost much to play....a few uniforms and a ball....and yes, with the ORU international influence in track and field...you would think we would attract some good foreign players....sounds like it time for not only a coaching change but a change in philosophy..... :!:

Just curious--What upgrades have been made to the soccer stadium? It's been awhile since I've been able to get out there. The last thing I remember is a new scoreboard but thats been a few years back...

Honestly, I don't know either, however, I've had this argument/discussion with Mike Minyard in the past and he said the AD is "committed" to the program and has recently put some money to improving facilities. I know that the school is asking for soccer alumni to donate money before they make a real commitment...from what I've been told, the school will not truly commit if the alumni themselves don't commit. Problem is, not many of the alumni (with money anyway) have much respect for the current coach. I can tell you that I won't donate a dime as long as the current coach is still running the show...

Sounds like a coaching change should be considered....why is the administration not addressing this issue?... :worried:

Sounds like a coaching change should be considered....why is the administration not addressing this issue?... :worried:

How do you know they aren't???

Well, clearly they aren't....he's still the coach, isn't he?.... :worried:

At the end of the day, knowing the current coach, I wonder how much the players respond to the guy...

They respond, just in a negative way. No one takes him seriously. Its been an ongoing joke with the players for years. Its sad really. And I don't think you can even blame the coach at this point. Trust me, the guy is trying, its just not working. But he's had his chance, the powers that be need to realized its time to move on...

So who does this coach have pictures of?.....let's move on and bring in a coach who can motivate the players...of all sports, soccer is the one sport where the coach has to get the most out of his players and if they are not responding...ORU needs a new coach!... :(