Statistics on ORU Baseball Alum

Bogus Smith

Attached is a document of the current stats on ORU players playing professional baseball this summer.  I was not able to find Jerry Sullivan's stats.  I'm thinking that someone else may be able to find them easier.  I also wasn't able to find the stats for Michael Hollimon who may be recovering from his torn labrum surgery last year - an expected recovery of nine months that may have been longer.

Interesting about the stats attached are those of Ryan Groth - a junior player that left after the 2008 season.  You have to wonder how much his worth would have gone up with another year of college ball.  Ben Petralli is another name that doesn't even show up in the list.  It would have been a different result last season with those two guys on the ORU roster, but we still overachieved with the weather and injuries suffered.

Also, here is the link for David Genao.  Interesting to see that his signing scout was former ORU catcher and assistant coach, Brian Hickman.

Others that I didn't have earlier include:

Mark Serrano

Johnny Roberts

Andre Lamontagne

Michael Hollimon (playing for Class AA Erie, but disabled since June 23)

Carlos Luna

It's great to see the number of players that have made the professional ranks and staying in the game.  This doesn't include all of the other players that have signed contracts out of ORU, including Dennis Bigley, Matt Hancock, Dane Towery, Travis DeBondt, Chad Rothford and others.  It can be said that if you go to ORU, you DO have a chance to play at the next level.

There is an error on Serrano's stat page.  They are listing Cypress College instead of ORU as his Alma mater.  Someone should point this out to MLB.  He definitely graduated from ORU in May, as I remember meeting his mother prior to the ceremony, and shaking his hand as he passed the "Bible Line".

Also, here is the link for David Genao.  Interesting to see that his signing scout was former ORU catcher and assistant coach, Brian Hickman.

Others that I didn't have earlier include:

Mark Serrano

Johnny Roberts

Andre Lamontagne

Michael Hollimon (playing for Class AA Erie, but disabled since June 23)

Carlos Luna

It's great to see the number of players that have made the professional ranks and staying in the game.  This doesn't include all of the other players that have signed contracts out of ORU, including Dennis Bigley, Matt Hancock, Dane Towery, Travis DeBondt, Chad Rothford and others.  It can be said that if you go to ORU, you DO have a chance to play at the next level.

Did Bigley actually sign with anyone????

Did Bigley actually sign with anyone????

Yep, Dennis was drafted in the 22nd round of the 2005 draft by the Toronto Blue Jays and played a couple of seasons in their minor league system.  You can see his stats here.

So is Bigley out of baseball now?...he was a really good starter of us....also, TheEagleman notices that a teammate of Chance Chapman at the  Reading AA Phillies is Jason Macintosh whose bio lists him as pitching for ORU....anybody remember this guy?.... :|

So is Bigley out of baseball now?...he was a really good starter of us....also, TheEagleman notices that a teammate of Chance Chapman at the  Reading AA Phillies is Jason Macintosh whose bio lists him as pitching for ORU....anybody remember this guy?.... :|

Yes, Bigley is out of pro ball now.  He was performing well as a pitcher until he spent the summer in the Cape Cod League between his sophomore and junior years.  The coach up there messed with Dennis' delivery and reduced his velocity by about 3 - 5 mph.  Dennis never really recoved from that and was only able to get his speed back up into the high 80's (sometimes 90 - 91 mph) as a senior.

Mackintosh played at Nevada and was signed as a free agent (non-drafted) player in 2001.  He just joined the Phillies organization last season and, as far as I know, has never had any association with ORU (except for Chance, of course).