2009-10 season....

theeagleman5

Anyone know how the mens soccer team is shaping up for this season and any good early games on the schedule?..... :-P

The season opener is against the University of New Mexico at home Aug 23.  Then at TU the 27th.  Should be great early testers against possibly ranked teams.  We only graduated 2 or 3 starters but also have a former starter transferring back plus a couple of freshman that will contribute right away.  This is definitely the oldest most experienced team we've had in the last 4 years.  Also have a very reasonable schedule with 8 home games.  All indications point toward a winning year... i hope

Glad to hear that...TheEagleman is a huge soccer fan....schedule is certainly and upgrade from the 70's when we played the likes of John Brown, Oklahoma Baptist and Missouri Southern..... :-P

Great to hear that a new day is dawning for the ORU soccer team again, I hope. It's a phenomenal game! (My under 21 Germany boys just beat the English side to win the European Cup, so I am pumped. :-D)

Nice schedule for the ladies this season.....very impressive....but TheEagleman has to wonder who's the genius who scheduled the Summit tournament for South Dakota in November?......are temps still moderate in SD at that time of year or could we be playing soccer in the snow?... :-P

Love the schedule.....why is the New Mexico game an "exhibition"?....

not really sure.  I know they're playing TU a couple days before us so that should make their trip a little more worthwhile i guess.  3 pre season top 25's on the schedule this year... UIC (11) TU (12) and Drake (21). 

Those are 3 really good games....the boys will be tested this year....also, SIU-Edwardsville used to be a power back in the day....I guess not so much any more?.... :-P

they've actually been D2 for awhile now and i think they just moved back to D1 last year if i'm not mistaken... but still a solid team i'm sure.

So who is the former starter that is transferring back?  What were the details surrounding his transfer and his decision to return?

Best of luck this upcoming season...

Nikola Bogdanovic from Serbia. He transferred to Maine after a couple of seasons at ORU, but they dropped their program this year so he's now transferring back. He led the University of Maine in points last year so we're happy to have him back...

TheEagleman loves that move....we need another forward who can put the ball in the back of the net..... :-)

theeagleman5, If you like guys that can put the ball in the back of the net, you'll be happy to hear we signed a D2 transfer that led his team in goals/points last year and is leading his division leading summer PDL team in points right now as well. That's in addition to Juan who's led the team in goals each of the last 3 years.  Playing in a 4-3-3, shouldn't have a problem scoring goals this year ladies and gents...

Too bad that ORU can't get some home games on Fox Soccer Channel....TheEagleman would love to see these guys in action.... :-)

Sterling Copeland, played for Regis University, and is playing for the Des Moines Menace this summer.  If his team makes the PDL finals on Aug 14th you can watch the game on Fox Soccer Channel. Eagleman, Maybe we'll just have to make the final 4 this year so you and the other 2 faithful ORU soccer followers can watch us on ESPN...  :-D

Final Four?.....ah, yes....I would love it so...........ORU vs UNC?..... :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

goldeneagoal - I didn't notice Sterling Copeland's name on the roster posted on the website...either he isn't coming to ORU or the roster is not yet updated...although it looked like it was.