#2 Seed!!!

Irish333

Wow.... lot's of respect for ORU and Rob Walton. Arizona State should be the top #1.... which means we are probably the lowest 2nd seed.

OSU is in the tournament?

Missouri State and Dallas Baptist both get hosed.

OSU getting in without qualifying for the Big XII tournament is an absolute joke, along with 29-24 Baylor, massive underachievers.

I stand corrected... I was thinking of Cal-Fullerton/Irivine.  Our seed is pretty incredible given this team and some teams in the past that were arguably better. Great job by Coach Walton and the team.

OSU probably did get in at the expense of DBU or MSU. I guess I'll get to see OSU get whacked out here.  Congrats to ORU and the well-deserved respect they were shown.

A #2 seed for ORU is truly a wonderful sign of respect...clearly we are viewed as one of the top 25-30 teams in the NCAA....outstanding matchup for us in round 1 vs. Cal Poly....looks to TheEagleman like Sully in game 1 and then Serrano in Game 2 vs. the Sun Devils..... :-D

Perhaps the greatest sign of respect is that ESPN's ticker is finally listing us as "ORU".  No "OROB" or "ORAL" or "ORAL ROB", but simply "ORU".  It's been a long time coming, but I sure hope it sticks!

Perhaps the greatest sign of respect is that ESPN's ticker is finally listing us as "ORU".  No "OROB" or "ORAL" or "ORAL ROB", but simply "ORU".  It's been a long time coming, but I sure hope it sticks!

My husband & I groan everytime we see OROB or something else other than ORU.  I too take it as a sign of respect.  :-)

My husband & I groan everytime we see OROB or something else other than ORU.  I too take it as a sign of respect.  :-)

As long as it's not "CEN" or "SUU" or "SDSU", they can spell our name however they want this time of year.  :-D

I am elated to see the #2 seed.  I am so glad to have been wrong.

What a sign of respect.

Arizona State looks to be a tougher #1 seed than last year vs. Nebraska while Cal Poly looks to be an easier 1st game opponent than Cal-Irvine was last year.

However, a close look at Cal Poly's schedule reveals that they did beat Rice 2 out of 3, Cal-State Fullerton 1 out of 6 and San Jose State twice.  They also have been ranked between 18th and 25th in college baseball polls within the last few weeks. 

My feel is that they have a quality team fairly comparable to ours but will not represent the pitching juggernaut that we ran into last year with Cal-Irvine and are definitely beatable if our starters can stay in the game.

When looking at the pairings for the various regional sites, it seems strange that ORU goes to Tempe, AZ as a 2-seed while Washington State comes to Norman as a 2-seed.  Why wouldn't they simply flip-flop ORU and WSU to keep each team closer to home and in their own time zone?

I am sure there is some reason, but with ASU being the 5th overall seed and OU being the 7th overall seed, it seems there would be very little difference from a seeding standpoint between these 2 sites.

At Tempe, Ariz.

Arizona State (44-12) vs. Kent State (42-15)

Oral Roberts (31-13) vs. Cal Poly (37-19)

At Norman, Okla.

Oklahoma (41-18) vs. Wichita State (30-25)

Washington State (31-23) vs. Arkansas (34-22)

Also, Baylor gets a 2-seed within driving distance of Waco with a 29-24 record while Missouri gets a 3-seed not within driving distance with a 34-25 record and a finals appearance in the Big-12 tournament (losing to eventual #1 overall seed Texas).  That seems a little unfair.

At Baton Rouge, La.

LSU (46-16) vs. Southern U. (30-15)

Baylor (29-24) vs. Minnesota (38-17)

At Oxford, Miss.

Mississippi (40-17) vs. Monmouth (32-23)

Western Kentucky (39-18) vs. Missouri (34-25)

One other thought---This is Cal Poly's first time to make an NCAA regional.  Even though many of our position players are new, several of our key pitchers and position players have NCAA regional experience.  I see this as a big advantage for the Eagles...

When looking at the pairings for the various regional sites, it seems strange that ORU goes to Tempe, AZ as a 2-seed while Washington State comes to Norman as a 2-seed.  Why wouldn't they simply flip-flop ORU and WSU to keep each team closer to home and in their own time zone?

One other thought---This is Cal Poly's first time to make an NCAA regional.  Even though many of our position players are new, several of our key pitchers and position players have NCAA regional experience.  I see this as a big advantage for the Eagles...

The committee stays away from sending two conference teams to the same site, so WSU and ASU (Pac-10) needed to be broken up.

I fully agree with the "experience" assessment.  We should have nothing to fear - and I'm sure Cal Poly will be a little on edge.  Coach Walton will find a way to work this to our advantage.

super glad to see oru getting respect in the baseball world my son and i hated seeing the oralrob and other ones glad to see it's changed wonder if anyone in the oru community asked them to change it