• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• Bogus Smith

• Old Titan

Very painful loss in the first game.  Doesn't look like we'll be getting the games in tomorrow, so the best we can do is go 1-1 (assuming we win the second) if tomorrow's a rainout.

Going to the top of the sixth ORU up 2-0.  We need a big rally to open up that cushion a little.

ORU pulls off the win in the second game, 5-0.  Mark Serrano at his best today, pitching a complete game with sixteen strikeouts!!  That is a career best for Mark, and ties the season best for the team.  Congrats to Mark for a brilliant outing in Fargo.

Now let's hope we're able to play a game or two tomorrow.

Geoff mentioned on air today, and I noticed when I was pulling tickets out of my ticket books before the Arkansas game, that our last remaining home games are the game against WSU on Wednesday (will the Tulsa game of the series be rained out yet again?) and the SUU series next weekend.  And that's it, folks!  Amazing how this season has flown by, in my book.

ORU pulls off the win in the second game, 5-0.  Mark Serrano at his best today, pitching a complete game with sixteen strikeouts!!  That is a career best for Mark, and ties the season best for the team.  Congrats to Mark for a brilliant outing in Brookings.

Now let's hope we're able to play a game or two tomorrow.

Geoff mentioned on air today, and I noticed when I was pulling tickets out of my ticket books before the Arkansas game, that our last remaining home games are the game against WSU on Wednesday (will the Tulsa game of the series be rained out yet again?) and the SUU series next weekend.  And that's it, folks!  Amazing how this season has flown by, in my book.

NDSU is in Fargo.

that GAME 1 was just plain fun!

did some "fun" rival heckling.  was asking the coach (before he was jacked) if Jarvis was warming up.

Jersey Boy (jerry?) was a great pitcher, we kinda got in his head for an inning there and things got shaky for him.

Great atmosphere and day for a baseball game,  I DONT KNOW WHY THE HELL our #1 AND #2 pitcher was saved for sunday.  stupid!

Hope you enjoyed the heckling, Bison...I guess not much else to do on a 33 degree cloudy spring day in Fargo..... 8-)

It's possible that the NDSU coach suspected that the games would get rained out and wanted the first time that ORU sees these pitchers to be in the Summit League tournament (if they make it).  There will be a close competition for the 4-seed in the Summit League baseball tournament.

It is actually an advantage for NDSU to not have to play us 4 times because most likely they would have sustained 2 more losses in the games that were cancelled.

Hey Bison...you should be thanking the Lord for that "inclement" weather on Sunday....two more losses would have burst your bubble..... :-D

actually in that 33 degree weather (*it was 62 that saturday)

I went and heckled jerry, duffy and the rest of ORU. 

Then I went to watch USHL Semifinal Hockey Game in a sold out hockey arena.

THEN i went to Staind/Hoobastank concert.

THEN I took my pick of 3 GORGEOUS SWEDISH MINNESOTA LADIES!!!

ah, what did you do in tulsa that day???

ANYWAYS..  check out the Minnesota Gophers trashtalking ORU.  Im gonna stick up for ORU!! ok???    TRUCE?

http://boards.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=5071&page=3

Today, 04:20 PM 

JohnnyGopher 

Senior Member  Join Date: Nov 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that beating oral roberts is a big deal for NDSU, but its not that big of a deal anywhere else. ORU is a nice program but hardly the national power some are trying to make them out to be. They have dominated a couple bad conferences the past 15 years so they go to the tournament every year, but nothing special.

Thats pretty hilarious trash talk coming from a team that plays baseball in the Big Ten.

ORU has played in, i believe, 10 regional finals, a super regional and a CWS since the last time the Gophers were relevant in college baseball...and we may have eliminated them a couple of times along the way.

As far as this weekend is concerned... its not like we got owned or haven't lost conference games before. It just stands out more because we didnt get the opportunity to come back and pound the opponent in the last two games as usual.

Wake me up when somebody beats (or splits) us in a conference series or knocks us out of the tournament. Hasn't happened since we've been in the league.

My biggest concern is that our pitching has been so dominant and our hitting hasnt been anywhere close.

How many games have we had in which our pitchers have almost completely shut down the other teams offense single-handedly, and we've struggled to win games that we should??

Great pitching can only carry us so far if we have 1-2 runs through the first seven innings.

Give the Gophers their due - their RPI is at 21 right now - that's pretty good.  But it's SO common for a team's fans to be very cocky if their RPI is even a place or two higher than another.  I just don't get it.

Thats pretty hilarious trash talk coming from a team that plays baseball in the Big Ten.

:D :D That's the first thing I thought. Minnesota just lost to some junior college. When they can beat a team like Rice let me know.