NDSU - Friday/Saturday Games

Bogus Smith

North Dakota State-Oral Roberts Baseball Opener Rained Out 

FARGO, N.D.--Friday night's Summit League baseball series opener between North Dakota State and Oral Roberts was postponed due to rain.

The teams will play two 9-inning games beginning at 1 p.m. Saturday and finish the four-game series with another doubleheader Sunday at a time to be determined.

North Dakota State is 11-19 overall and fourth in The Summit League with a 5-6 record.  Oral Roberts is 21-10 overall and 11-0 in the league.

That's DEPRESSING!!!  I was SO looking forward to a fun  game tonight :cry: :cry:.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

• Bogus Smith

• Old Titan

I have to believe that the game was called more for the temperature than the moisture.  Although it rained today, there is no rain on the radar, but the wind chill is at 34 degrees.  I'm sorry, but baseball was not meant to be played in freezing temperatures!!  :x  I'm sure that the boys are happy to wait until tomorrow when the weather will be reasonable (partly cloudy and 56 degrees).

Sorry boys but night baseball in April in Fargo, ND is just absurd.....who let this team in the conference?..... :-D

Just got home from watching #20 Clemson lose to #4 Ga Tech 5-4 in a balmy 72 degree evening.  First time I had set foot in the Tiger's stadium since ORU played them in the 2005 Regionals and 2006 Super Regionals.

Just got home from watching #20 Clemson lose to #4 Ga Tech 5-4 in a balmy 72 degree evening.  First time I had set foot in that stadium since ORU played them in the 2005 Regionals and 2006 Super Regionals.

Better known as the "Snake Pit" in these parts :wink:!!

Them and their stupid orange smoke in the outfield.  Give me a break!!

Back to back DHs are tough on everybody....also makes it harder for us to sweep.....hopefully a nicer day in Fargo....TheEagleman will admit that the Bison certainly have a beautiful stadium.... 8-)

I watched a little bit of the Stanford/Arizona game -  not sure where they were playing, but I think at Stanford - and was very impressed by the way they mowed the lawn.  You know how many places, including ORU, have directional mowers that leave the grass blades bent and create patterns on the fields - usually a checkerboard or diamond pattern - this field had a "sunray" pattern, with the rays starting at home plate and extending all the way to the outfield wall.  It was very impressive looking on camera, and left me wondering how they had accomplished it!!  I would think something like that would be very hard to do.

Interesting stuff, TMH....it is truly a slow sports day when we are discussing directional mowing of the grass.....ya gotta love it.... :-D

Interesting stuff, TMH....it is truly a slow sports day when we are discussing directional mowing of the grass.....ya gotta love it.... :-D

Yeah, I thought of that myself - actually came back on to remove the post, but you'd nailed me on it already :oops:!  Oh, well - it WAS pretty cool . . .

The other thing is, would you rather come on and have NOTHING to read, or read a boring post about grass mowing??? :wink:  You don't have to answer that :lol:!

Honestly enjoyed the post, TMH....just typical Eagleman poking fun....that directional mowing has always facinated TheEagleman has to how they do it....did not realize that they needed special blades....i think it looks very cool on golf fairways and baseball fields.....maybe our grounds crew at JLJ could do a figure of ELI in centerfield for our next homestand?.... :-D

I just finished mowing my lawn.... I left all kinds of 'patterns'. Not intentionally though.

Looking at the weather report for Fargo - they may need to play TWO doubleheaders today.  Expecting some snow Sunday morning.

I don't know how they put up with the long (interminable?) winters up there. I was traveling in Michigan this week and woke up to 27 degrees but at least it was sunny. (It did snow a bit the previous day on my drive up to Traverse City. It was just flurries and did not stick.)

Yes.... before I came in from yard work we were ahead 1 to 0 in the top of the 7th.

Tied 2 - 2 going into the top of the 10th inning.  Walton was thrown out in the 9th on a runner's interference call at 1st.  Sullivan fanned 14 - a career high, I believe, on 130 pitches.  TJ will be relieving in the 10th.

NDSU has a walk-off single in the bottom of the 10th for our first conference loss (against the #282 team).  Kelly gets the loss.  This will be our worst loss for the season and could possibly be the difference between a #3 and #4 seed in the NCAA Tournament.  No brooms this weekend!