Arkansas Game

ORUJason

7-5 going to top 9th. Gotta keep them right there to have a good shot in the bottom half

We just gave up an unearned run on an error by the SS....now 8-5 with Razorbacks still batting....that terrible 3rd inning looks like it will cost ORU tonight unless there is a miracle in the bottom of the 9th....EXPECT A MIRACLE!.... :wink:

Thats a killer E... scores 2 for Arkansas. 9-5 going to the bottom

Poor fielding has been a weak spot all year for this team. Let's hope our bats come to life.

How's the crowd at JLJ?

The crowd was GREAT last night!  As I walked up to the stadium in the bottom of the first (I TRIED to get there for the first pitch - I really did!), it seemed like most of the folks walking up with me were dressed in red, and I was HACKED that the Hogs might have more fans at the game than ORU.  I was DELIGHTED when I came around the corner into the stands and saw ORU fans the the ENTIRE LENGTH of the first base side seats.  All the way to the end!  It was a beautiful sight!  Arkansas DID have a bunch of fans there, but nowhere nearly as many as ORU, thankfully. 

The box score gave the official attendance at around 2300, and that had to be pretty close to accurate.  The sweet thing was, the fans were really in to the game, and there was plenty of cheering and all.  Very fun and exciting.  Unfortunately, ORU just came up a bit short, primarily do to one bad inning.  Just got in too deep of a hole to dig ourselves out of.  Really the only bad play defensively of the game on the part of ORU was the error by Martinez in the top of the ninth, and one of the guys I was with, an ex-ORU baseball player, said that at that time of the evening a little dew can begin forming on the grass, get on the ball and make it slippery, and on a bang bang play like that it's easy for the ball to slip.  I don't' know that that's what happened, but it could have been.

Anyway, fun times last night, just came up short.  There is no doubt, though, that ORU could play with those guys.  At one point it looked like the rout was on, but ORU settled down and made a game of it over nine innings.

That's great that we had such a good crowd.  Hog fans are known to turn out. Even back in the mid-to-late 1970's, it seemed there were more AR fans at least in one ORU-AR game I saw.

That's great that we had such a good crowd.  Hog fans are known to turn out. Even back in the mid-to-late 1970's, it seemed there were more AR fans at least in one ORU-AR game I saw.

Man, wish I was in town for the game.  I love this series. 

I ran into one the students I know at the game and he told me that the student body was challenging themselves to make it out to the game. It sounded like they thought it was pretty important to have a better showing than the little piggies.

Since we wont see them in Tulsa for at least the next few years, it was nice to have a good crowd out there.