• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Geoff Haxton

• TrueBlue82

• MrsSmith

Wichita will have the top of the lineup coming to the plate in the 12th.  However, the top four in the batting order for the Shockers are a combined 1-19 with 12 strikeouts.  OUCH!  Let's make it 1-22!

Wichita will have the top of the lineup coming to the plate in the 12th.  However, the top four in the batting order for the Shockers are a combined 1-19 with 12 strikeouts.  OUCH!  Let's make it 1-22!

Where are you getting your stats, Blue?

Where are you getting your stats, Blue?

Tmh, I hate to tell you this now that the game's over, but ORU's livestats were up all night (I was checking them periodically).  You can still see the box score there.  21 K's for ORU's pitchers.  Amazing.  http://www.orugoldeneagles.com/liveStats/newLiveStats.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=17000&DB_LANG=C&KEY=&SPID=10337&SPORT_ID=10337&GAME_STAT_ID=190055

That umpire must have had a really tight strike zone with all the strikeouts and so few walks.  Good for the pitchers.

Got to tell you, I was so content listening to the game that I don't mind missing the Live Stats.  I was just wondering if that was where Blue was getting those numbers.

Next up - Missouri State - another team that we've had fair success with in recent years.  Should be another good game.  I love these regional rivalries.

Holy cow.  Their cleanup hitter was 0-5 with 5 strikeouts!  I'm not sure I've ever seen that line.

Great job by the ORU staff, and only used 3 pitchers for the night, so we should still be in decent shape for the rest of the week.  Still need some work on the contact hitting, but 2-run HR's are nice.

We've been on the road a long time - last home game was on March 1!  Finally this Saturday (March 28) the Golden Eagles will be back at JLJ, and I hate to say it, but I think there's a chance of snow!  Great baseball weather!

Saturday forecast: Rain / Snow Showers / Wind  High: 43 Low: 30

Not the glorious return of baseball to JLJ that I was hoping for.  Sunday should be nice, though, with the high in the mid- 60s.