ORU/WSU Tonight

tmh8286

Anybody hearing what the weather's like in Wichita?  Any chance of yet another rain-out in the series?  If it was being played here I'd bet there was a good chance of it.

Is Wichita State down a bit this year?  Looks like they've got some uncharacteristic losses on their schedule, and an RPI of 82.  Maybe we can go in to Eck Stadium and steal one tonight . . .

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Geoff Haxton

• TrueBlue82

• MrsSmith

On a side note, here is the position of the administrators of Shockernet regarding profanity:

"Since the inception of ShockerNet we (well, in the early days, I) have tried to keep the site family-friendly by keeping profanity off the board. Lately, many of you have been attempting to get around the profanity filter by leaving out or replacing key letters. The posting guidelines clearly state that this is also unacceptable.

I'm asking all of you to please respect the prohibition on profanity (yes, the "S" word included). If you think you have to use alternate letters/characters, intentionally misspell, or use another form of the word so that it doesn't get filtered, then don't use the word at all.

Up to now we have been editing these out of posts when we see them. But it is getting to the point where we will just delete these posts, rather than take the extra time to edit them.

If you see a post that has profanity (or any other disallowed content), don't quote it or your post may get deleted, too. We aren't going to take the time to edit every reply that quotes an unacceptable post.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter. "

It's nice to see that position on a secular school's message board.  I get frustrated going on boards where no such control is in place, and - I assume - student-aged posters who think they have something to prove fill their posts with profanity.

Congrats to Shockernet for taking a positive position in that regard.

Man, when was the last time a game in this series wasn't somehow effected by the weather??

Just checking in to say that I'm looking forward to the game tonight!

Love the ORU/WSU matchups every year.

I think the rain will be avoided and the game will be played.  Also WSU is very very young this year.  WSU's weekend rotation consist of one sophomore and two freshman.  The Shox 4th starter and one you will see tonight is Owasso product and freshman Bryan Flynn.  He has had very impressive moments and also very "freshman" moments.  WSU's line up also usually has around 4 freshman in it.  They are very talented but they are also freshman.  So it just depends on who you guys will run into whether or not its a cometitive game.

Good luck and still wishing you guys were in the valley.  I still think it would be a perfect match.

later

btw, i mean competitive from WSU's end.  Not yours.......didn't want you thinking I was talking crap.  While I don't know how your year has gone so far I assume you are a great squad as usual.

btw, i mean competitive from WSU's end.  Not yours.......didn't want you thinking I was talking crap.  While I don't know how your year has gone so far I assume you are a great squad as usual.

I was feeling pretty good about things this year until we went to Cal State Fullerton last weekend, and to put it nicely, they exposed our weaknesses.  I still think we've got a decent team, and that they'll do well overall, but they weren't competitive against the Titans.  Of course, CSF has been ranked #1 in some polls, and is ranked #1 in RPI, so I guess losing to them isn't a terrible thing - but it wasn't much fun.

sun shining.  Good to go here.  Game on am 1550 and elive

Sun shining here now, too.  Wasn't when I started this thread this AM!!

Looking forward to the game tonight, Geoff!! Everybody healthy (with the exception of the known fielder injuries)?

Yes. 

Lots of lineup changes to look forward to tonight.  Team going to look pretty different on field and in hitting order.

Hax

TheEagleman is hoping those line up changes include Jimmy Rollins leading off and Ryan Howard in the clean up spot.....we could use a little pop in the line up... :-D

Pitching duel going on in Wichita.  Serrano with ten - TEN!! - strikeouts in the bottom of the fourth.  In spite of that, ORU is down 0-1 after an error in the second inning.  I believe it was in the top of the third that ORU had the bases loaded with one out and couldn't plate a run.

Wichita pitcher is a freshman named Flynn, who is an Owasso native.  He's already got seven strikeouts.

Geoff - the emails I'm sending you are bouncing back to me.  Don't know if others are having the same problem or not.

This game is FLYING by - not a lot of batters reaching base.  Serrano now at twelve strikeouts, headed into the top of the sixth.  Solo HR by WSU puts the score at 2-0.

Pitching change for WSU in the top of he sixth, but not before Notaro drives in a run.  Unfortunately ORU leaves two stranded.  Score 2-1 Shockers.