ORU/WSU Tonight

tmh8286

Got to tell you, I was so content listening to the game that I don't mind missing the Live Stats.  I was just wondering if that was where Blue was getting those numbers.

Sorry - had to step away for a minute - but yes, I was using the ORU Live Stats for the info.  Very nice to have the up-to-date box score, although the feed was about ten seconds ahead of Geoff's call on Elive, so when things would get tight, I'd watch the play-by-play closely - and then listen for Hax to describe it "live".  By the way, very nice job, Geoff!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Geoff Haxton

• TrueBlue82

• MrsSmith

Is this a record for K's?

from the WSU message board:

21 is a new team record and 5 by McKeever is a new individual record.

You might be able to live with a lot of K's if the team had some power, but we really only have occassional power (usually wind dependent). That starter for ORU must have had some nasty stuff. Perhaps Rosewood can shed some light.

Saturday forecast: Rain / Snow Showers / Wind  High: 43 Low: 30

Not the glorious return of baseball to JLJ that I was hoping for.  Sunday should be nice, though, with the high in the mid- 60s.

Travis Meyer reporting good chance of SNOW ON THE GROUND by Saturday morning!!!  Who would have ever thought that possible at this point in the year?

Turning point/critical juncture in the game was TJ's strikeout to end the inning in the bottom of the eighth.  That called strike was perhaps the most exciting moment in the game. 

Always great to beat WSU up there.....they always get big crowds...I guess not much to do in Wichita at night..... :-D

Travis Meyer reporting good chance of SNOW ON THE GROUND by Saturday morning!!!  Who would have ever thought that possible at this point in the year?

We don't play until 7:00 pm so it should be cleared off by then.  :)

Hopefully.

Yeah, and about 30 degrees before wind chill!

...but it's not so bad with the heat come off the blowers from the dugout!  8-)

...but it's not so bad with the heat come off the blowers from the dugout!  8-)

You've got a sweet spot there, Bogus.  Everybody go to Bogus' box Satuday night - the warmth that's rising from the heater in the dugout flows right into Bogus' box.

You've got a sweet spot there, Bogus.  Everybody go to Bogus' box Satuday night - the warmth that's rising from the heater in the dugout flows right into Bogus' box.

At 30 degrees, I think you'll still need a blanket or sleeping bag to keep from shivering - regardless of where you sit Saturday!  Everyone is welcome to the box though.  If there aren't any seats available, you can stand in the aisle!!  :-D

Can I reserve a seat in your box for May 1st, since I'll be in town??? :-D

Absolutely...it would be an honor!!  Hopefully you won't have to enjoy the heater by that time of the year, too.  :-D

Will we get our first SNOW-OUT in ORU history on Saturday?  Possible 2-6 inches by Sat. AM.  While it will no doubt be melted off by game time, it could leave the field too soggy to play on :|. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Well I preach it everytime I come on here but now Gene Stephenson is preaching it too.

Man I really hope this happens, would love to have a 3 game weekend series with you guys every year and would make for a better MVC tourney as well.

Besides WSU, CU and MSU are really the only other baseball programs worth something in the valley.  So it would be really nice to have ORU in.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?subjectid=216&articleid=20090410_216_B2_AHgfhv494660

TheEagleman would love to see ORU in the MVC but from what people say around this board...doesn't sound like it will happen anytime soon.... :-P