Newest Golden Eagle...

ORob1

....Shawn King out of Carl Albert State College. He's the big man (6-10) we've been looking at for next season. Rumor has it that he signed last night! Anyone seen this guy play?

Rob

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

• vcboy2000

• ORU GRAD

Okay, ORob, I've been watching all day to see if I could find any info on his signing - I haven't - can you provide us with where you got your info? Or are your "sources" under wraps?

If so this would be a MAJOR coup for the early signing period. In my opinion signing King would make this the best recruiting year in since Sutton has been coach, including the Green/Tutt class.

Okay, ORob, I've been watching all day to see if I could find any info on his signing - I haven't - can you provide us with where you got your info? Or are your "sources" under wraps?

TMH, don't forget that ORob1 has an inside connection with orumom and Huge. His sources could be credible!!

He is either the scooper or the scoopee on this story. :roll:

....Shawn King out of Carl Albert State College. He's the big man (6-10) we've been looking at for next season. Rumor has it that he signed last night! Anyone seen this guy play?

Rob

To quote Jack Buck "Go Crazy fans Go Crazy" big man is here!!!

Confirmed!!!!

That fact wasn't lost on me, Bogus. I just wondered if there was any on-line documentation of the signing.

I've actually heard that we COULD end up filling all open scholarships in the early signing period. More announcements may be on the way.

Interesting.... my sources have told me that we were close with a big guy and that we could possibly sign two - maybe three?? - more players in the early signing period. We have Gaines out of Muskogee HS and Hazell out of Patterson Prep (NC) - and possibly Shawn King from Carl Albert JC. That leaves two more scholarships... darrenj says (and my sources confirm) we are after a jc guard who is foreign. Have no idea who the other player might be - I suspect he is a post player though.

Getting Shawn King in the early signing period is big.... we will not be under the gun but can be patient with our last scholarship(s).

hey Eli, I promise that if he can swat like Kendrick Moore, the Maniacs are going to love this kid. He looks huge, hope he's a good one!

I know I'm late....BUT THIS IS HUGE!!! If this is true, Sutton and co would have done a tremendous job with this incoming class. A solid in-state guard, a stud recruit that WILL contribute immediately, and an excellent juco BIG MAN @ 6'10. Is it possible that we could actually be better next year?!?! Yemi, Caleb, Ken, Marchello, Liberty, Hazel, and KING!!!!

You got it, vcboy. We'll have to see how these guys prove themselves on the court, but at least on paper I don't think that we could have hoped for a better class of recruits. Sutton and Co. has got to be really happy with the fruits of their labor.

Terry has said it before, and I will repeat it - Cory Williams is a real treasure for ORU recruiting. He consistently recognizes and recruits talent that gets better with every year.

This has already turned out to be a really exciting recruiting class - who else do these guys have in the wings? The indications are that there are others . . .

I want to be excited over this recruit but I have searched and found nothing! Where is DJ ? I trust his insider info. When will ORU make this official? Are we fairly certain about this new Eagle? :roll:

We probably won't hear anything from the Department until monday. I trust most of the info on this board, though. We don't have a lot of regular poster, but the ones that do post are pretty reliable because they are close to the Department in some way. I will be excited when we do hear it from the Department, but my focus has turned to this foreign juco guard we might have in the wings as well as any other post players out there. Is Haymaker from Santa Fe' just not good?

My guess is that we might have been waiting for Shawn King to sign before signing a high school player like Haymaker. We need someone who can step in next year and contribute immediately.... hard to expect that a freshman could come in and make a difference - Tutt and Green excepted.

That makes sense. I dunno how good this juco guard is, but i thought it would be awesome to sign 3 big men. 1 jucol and 2 freshies. I think Gaines and Hazel with what we allready have is plenty.