ORU vs Rice, March 8

ORUTex

As long as the radio guy is filling the dead time, he's one up on UTSA. I kept thinking my connection had gone out.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTex

• Bogus Smith

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre still struggling a bit to find the zone but getting the job done. K swinging, BB, routine fly to CF, and K swinging, and we're through 3. Still 2-1 ORU.

HP ump seems pretty good, but a little reluctant to ring guys up. Each team has had two 2-strike pitches that looked very close but were called balls. Only 1 K looking that I recall so far.

Of course as I type that Notaro goes down looking.

We need to get some offense going!

I can't believe that this will end up as a 2-1 game.  Some team is going to break out sooner or later (and I hope it is us).  If Andre starts to faulter after a couple of hitters, I have to believe that Rob will go to Serrano and others to pitch in (pun intended).

Andre may be getting squeezed a little now but he has not established the strike. Walked the first guy in the 4th then came back from 3-1 to get a popup. 3rd batter hits into DP on 2-2 pitch. Off to the 5th. Rice is definitely trying to work the count.

Man, Price just drilled a liner to LCF to start the 5th. Looke like a gapper at first but CF got over and made the play pretty routinely.

3 up 3 down again in the top of 5. We haven't done anything at the plate since the 1st.

I should quit complaining about them because I appreciate the free audio stream of the game, but these announcers are such cheerleaders for Rice it's kind of hard to listen to.

One thing I like about this ump is he often says where a pitch missed if it was close. I just heard "Ball outside." Unusual.

Great 123 inning by Dre. He also got a gift strike 1 call on a ball that almost hit the batter's foot, but I'll take it!

3 up 3 down again in the top of 5. We haven't done anything at the plate since the 1st.

Fortunately, neither has Rice.  We're fortunate to get in another pitcher's duel.

Our hitters need some good, old fashioned Summit League pitching to take some batting practice.

Garewal with a line drive double just inside the LF line, and a perefect sac bunt that Martinez beat out. 1st and 3rd, no outs!

Thay don't have much to complain about. He's also a little liberal in allowing the check swing, and they were chirping about that. But not even an appeal by the catcher.

Well, since they've only scored 1 run in 5 innings....sounds like Rice fans should be restless with their hitters..... :-D

Dre just hit 90 on the gun. First time, I think. Its been working on and off, so not sure how accurate it is anyway. Their guy seems to top out around 87.

Beautiful offspeed pitch to freeze and punchout the third batter of the 6th. He's really PITCHING now. 3-1 thru 6.