Re: SDSU Game

Bogus Smith

77-49 final didn't look very good on the ESPN2 scroll as theEagleman watched Radford and VMI men running up and down the floor in an exciting Big South Final....hope our men show up a lot better than the girls tonight....ORU needs to right the ship up there in Sioux Falls!.... :|

77-49 final didn't look very good on the ESPN2 scroll as theEagleman watched Radford and VMI men running up and down the floor in an exciting Big South Final....hope our men show up a lot better than the girls tonight....ORU needs to right the ship up there in Sioux Falls!.... :|

And believe it or not, listening on the radio it didn't seem that it was even as close as that score indicates.  At one point I believe SDSU was up by 38 - they lost some intensity late, and the Eagles kept playing hard, or it would have looked worse than it did.

You're right, TMH, it wasn't that close.  If Johnston hadn't have put the second string in for the last 8 - 10 minutes, it would have been a very ugly sight.  Their coach implemented their own "mercy rule" for us (thank you, Coach Johnston).

way to go SDSU women you left no doubt who the better team was i'll be rooting for ya to go far in the tourney

way to go SDSU women you left no doubt who the better team was i'll be rooting for ya to go far in the tourney

Thank you.  We have a real special women's team this year.  We plan to make it to the final 64 and beyond.  We want to represent our university, our state, and the Summit League well in the playoffs.

Thank you.  We have a real special women's team this year.  We plan to make it to the final 64 and beyond.  We want to represent our university, our state, and the Summit League well in the playoffs.

Well stated, West-River Jack.  Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way!! Hope you make some noise in the Big Dance!!

I think that the SDSU/OU Championship game could really be a good game to watch.  It will be interesting to see how many will show up for that game in the middle of a weekday.  Since it is the Lady Jacks, I would assume that the arena will be pretty full that day. 

Regardless of the outcome of the women's Championship game, I would expect both teams to go into the post-season.  If OU were to upset SDSU, the Summit could have two teams in the NCAA Tournament as I can't imagine SDSU not getting an at-large bid based on the season they have had.  If SDSU would win as favored, OU at 26-6 should at least pull a WNIT bid, with an outside chance at an at-large NCAA bid (outside is the operative word here).