Re: SDSU Game

Bogus Smith

Score now 36 - 14 SDSU with about 5:45 left in the first half.  The Ladies should be back in time for classes on Monday.  :oops:

ORU currently trails by 12, 17-5 with 12:40 left to play.  Crowd is estimated by Geoff at around 5,800.

What is capacity?  Six thousand??

I virtually can't hear a soul cheering for ORU - maybe the bench.  Must be a small contingent up there.  I know a few that went.

SDSU is a pretty good team.... that's why they are ranked #14.

:wink:  Great understatement there, Big T!

51-20 in the early going of the second half.  Painful to listen to.  We work and work to score, then SDSU dashes to the other end and almost immediatley scores, effortlessly (or at least it sounds that way).

Tough ending to the season!!

As Geoff just alluded to, this is a big day for ORU athletics.  The three primier teams for the school all play today - women's basketball, baseball, and men's basketball.  Wall to wall sports today.  How am I going to get any yard work done :wink:?

The Ladies are coming back---  71-43 at the 4:00 media timeout!!  Could we have one more left in this team??

The Ladies are coming back---  71-43 at the 4:00 media timeout!!  Could we have one more left in this team??

All we have to do is score thirty points in three minutes while keeping the Jacks from scoring at all - I think we can do it!!!

All we have to do is score thirty points in three minutes while keeping the Jacks from scoring at all - I think we can do it!!!

I like your way of thinking, TMH!!  Have you ever considered going into the Infomercial business??  :-D

Well, the comeback was a little short.  We have a lot of work to do between now and next season; however, we were doomed this season when we lost Hardin and Watman so late without being able to recruit replacements (assuming we could find them). 

We have a great nucleus of women to come back if they will put forth the effort to improve in the off-season.  With Voelker leading the team, I have confidence that we can return to the top of the heap in 2009-2010.

Congrats to the SDSU women's team - they truly are one of the best to come out of the Summit League in a long time - maybe ever.

Geoff said that they're a Sweet Sixteen type team, which I have no trouble believing.  Good luck to them.  If they win the tournament we'll be cheering for them in the NCAA tournament.