Ah! The Irish!

Irish333

I think it's in the heart of every Irishman to root for Notre Dame!  er, eh, ....... FOOTBALL .... I mean.  Today the Blue and the Gold team is going to win......  Vegas Gold!  LOL   

I see in Game Notes that Sully is pitching for us today!  Notre Dame is a great program.  He will be tested early and often.  But, Sully has a BIG HEART, a true fighter and he'll leave it all on the field today! It's early in the season for ND as most of their practices have been indoors.  They have good hitting and speed. A.J. Pollack is one to watch.  Hopefully they too are looking past ORU.  UTSA was looking past us last weekend and wound up being snake bitten.    GO EAGLES!

This tournament should be a nice gage of where we are this season...ND is always good....Washington State is a team we should beat but a tough Pac10 school and of course, Rice is always one of the top 10 in the country.....let's go  out and kick the Irish around today....would be a nice start to the weekend!.... 8-)

The Notre Dame website also has an incredibly detailed (40 pages!) Game Notes section, available here: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nd/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf

Highlights:

Notre Dame will start sophomore right-hander Cole Johnson (1-0, 3.86 ERA) against Oral Roberts . . .  In his only start of the season, he tossed 4.0 innings and allowed two earned runs on two hits with three strikeouts and two walks (worked on a pitch count as he continues to build stamina after missing over a month after falling off his bike riding across campus) in a no-decision against Gonzaga last weekend.

The Eagles are fielding at a .950 clip as well -- committing 11 errors already in just six games.

That tells me:

(1) Their starter is probably still on a pitch count, so if we can work the count, we'll get to their bullpen early;

(2) we need to cut down on the errors (obviously); and

(3) Cole Johnson won't be happy with the Game Notes writer if he reads this.  Seriously, "falling off his bike"??  Couldn't he have just said he had a bike accident?

Also, it's going to be a beautiful weekend in Houston for baseball.  Highs of 78 today, 77 and 81 the next 2 days, and lows in the 60s.

yeah...falling off his bike?....wonder how many Killian's he had?.... :-D

falling off a bike....

yea, that is pretty awkward. 

I would not be happy to read that about myself.....

well ol' boy....get ready for another fall.

(in the win/loss column of course)

Wouldn't our "rowdy" fans have a field day with that one?  The PA announcer could play the Queen song has his introduction.

Wouldn't our "rowdy" fans have a field day with that one?  The PA announcer could play the Queen song has his introduction.

Isn't that the truth??!!  That would be worth the price of admission....very much worth the razzing!  :-D

And how great would it be if an ORU fan showed up in Houston today with a music player booming the Queen song ("I want to ride my bicycle, bicycle . . . ")? 

I'm looking at you, Texasgrip.

Anything streaming (including gametracker) gets blocked at my office unfortunately  :|

The Rivals board says its 1-0 Notre Dame, Top 5?

Game must be moving pretty fast!

The ND announcers sure are ragging on the Summit League.  Good things to say about ORU but pretty much saying the rest of the league is a joke.

Oops, didn't see that you posted the score above the ND link...

Thanks for the update!

any more updates gametracker on nd site says it will begin after 1st pitch????

Bottom 6. 1 out with runners on the corners for ND...

UH oh, Sullivan strikes out ND's Doyle then, Furmanek throws behind the runner at first for the strike em out-throw em out. Threat over!

Still ND 1-0 in the 7th